• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Fun At All!

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Time to make a Harbor Freight run for a good size generator and clear water pump....and hip waders.
Please do get the generator before you desperately need it. Many times, when nature disasters are happening, buying generators, water, etc is impossible to do.

This link was posted in another thread. But I think it applies here too.
http://www.mokai.com/

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was just watching the Weather Channel; OMG!! the Mississippi is 34 to 40 feet over flood stage.
The flooding is from the Gulf all the way up to Ohio.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you have an escape plan? Or plans for an indoor swimming pool? Don't get caught in the water. I was in Rapid City, South Dakota as a kid when a flood came thru the canyon and took out the town. Very scary. Stay safe. Most everything can be replaced. If you had your Elio I would suggest getting it out now.

I was camping in an old shack on a ranch 50 miles or so NW of Pierre SD when that flood happened. The night before I had found a good loud radio station on the portable radio and when I woke up I switched it on. The announcer was saying stuff like "the body at the corner of Omaha St. and West Blvd. has been reported to the authorities". "All medical personnel report to the hospital". And other scary stuff. I did not know where the broadcast was coming from and could not tell the nature of the disaster. The word flood was not mentioned for a long time. The sun was coming up into a clear blue sky and the birds were singing. 250 miles West of me 400+ people were dead and some of their bodies have never been found. At least this flood came up slowly enough so that most people could get out of the way and even salvage some of their belongings. Don't mean to minimize anyones problems but it could be worse.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please do get the generator before you desperately need it. Many times, when nature disasters are happening, buying generators, water, etc is impossible to do.

This link was posted in another thread. But I think it applies here too.
http://www.mokai.com/

Got one! Picked up a 4000w unit from HF. Oiled it, fueled it, fired on the first pull. Also picked up some HD 12ga extension cords and a 30 pack of Bud Select. Okay, the 30-pack wasn't a necessity, but...:rolleyes:

Eerie. The power's out all over town on the south side of the tracks. Pitch black.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got one! Picked up a 4000w unit from HF. Oiled it, fueled it, fired on the first pull. Also picked up some HD 12ga extension cords and a 30 pack of Bud Select. Okay, the 30-pack wasn't a necessity, but...:rolleyes:

Eerie. The power's out all over town on the south side of the tracks. Pitch black.
Watch out for the zombies!!

Zombies_Ate_My_Neighbors_box.jpg

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Man, I've got my fingers crossed for you. Evidently, STL is fast approaching the level of the 1993 flood. Wouldn't be surprised if your problems are at least partially "backwater" from Ole Miss; i.e., the Mississippi is so full, the Merrimac is backing up...

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you have the manpower there for sandbags?

Unfortunately, no. And I'm hoping my house's elevation is enough to keep it dry. The immediate issue is the sewer slowly backing up.

Basement starting to seep again, and sump slowly filling. Bad thing is that the guy that built this house connected the sump outlet to the lateral [sewer line from my house to the main], and it's all under the concrete. Looks like I need to rig another pump that I got some years ago for a different basement disaster to pump the sump out onto the yard to ease the flow into the lateral. Today's going to be "no fun at all" too. :(

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was camping in an old shack on a ranch 50 miles or so NW of Pierre SD when that flood happened. The night before I had found a good loud radio station on the portable radio and when I woke up I switched it on. The announcer was saying stuff like "the body at the corner of Omaha St. and West Blvd. has been reported to the authorities". "All medical personnel report to the hospital". And other scary stuff. I did not know where the broadcast was coming from and could not tell the nature of the disaster. The word flood was not mentioned for a long time. The sun was coming up into a clear blue sky and the birds were singing. 250 miles West of me 400+ people were dead and some of their bodies have never been found. At least this flood came up slowly enough so that most people could get out of the way and even salvage some of their belongings. Don't mean to minimize anyones problems but it could be worse.

Yeah. Definitely NOT like the '76 Big Thompson flood in Colorado. Wiped out the entire town with no prior warning.

Top Bottom