• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Fun At All!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If a picture's worth a thousand words, how many words is a picture of person painting a portrait during a flood worth?

This is catty-corner from my backyard looking south.

Pics 921.JPG

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Police tell me the crest has leveled...:DGOOD NEWS! Still have to keep the vacuum and pumps running for the next couple days until it recedes, but I think we dodged the bullet as far as major flood damage...unfortunately, half the town wasn't so lucky. :( Took some pics from Blackburn hill, a bluff up the street from me. You can't get a pretty good idea of what a mess this is going to be to clean up.

2015 flood 1.jpg
2015 flood 2.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where the same tracks in the above pic cross the river when it's 'behaving' like a good little river. Probably 30'-40' to the bottom of the trestle during normal river level. Pic taken during one of our many kayak floats.
This baby's underwater!!

Pics 534.JPG

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Winter isn't over yet; so careful what you say. I was watching the reports on all the flooding and it's really bad in some spots.
Someone sure made Mother Nature mad.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Winter isn't over yet; so careful what you say. I was watching the reports on all the flooding and it's really bad in some spots.
Someone sure made Mother Nature mad.

Yep. HUGE mess for a 70 mile radius around St. Louis, MO. Ton's of rivers around these parts, all of them waaaay out of their banks. And you're right, Winter isn't over yet, and Spring is no walk in the park!

When Mother Nature's having a bad day, there ain't much you can do about it. :eek: But I am better prepared for the next deluge, and have a good understanding of what I need to fix "drainage-wise" before the next one hits.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we have a son who lives must west of St Louis in the small town of Valley Park .... they are having major flooding issues but so far their home is OK .... we spend several weeks a year out there in our camper .... our park of choice is Belleville RV Park in Fenton, MO .... it flooded the entire park Saturday night (Dec 26th) .... they were able to get all but 4 campers out but the water is into the homes that border the camping area as well .... sewer treatment in that area also flooded .... once the water is gone they anticipate it taking at least 2 months to get back into operation

Top Bottom