• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Rear Window / Rear View Camera

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I recently bought a two camera system. crash cam toward the front and a rear cam. $50.
having a screen located where the rearview mirror should be will help keep the habit of looking at it.
Since the Elio is an"and" car, I will be switching back and forth a lot. I wouldn't want to forget to check the rearview after driving
the elio for a week

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about a "pop up" built into the roof, right over the drivers seat? Kind of like a pop up headlight, only facing the rear and with a convex mirror. It could be motorized and activated when the car is put in reverse.......or I might just wait until I get my Elio, and decide it's not really needed. I might like the "radar system" tho.
Periscope UP!

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was 3 when Kennedy was shot and the sight of the funeral procession on TV is probably one of my earliest memories.

My father was a rabid liberal and absolutely idolized Kennedy. He was a teacher and had a very large portrait of Kennedy on the wall of his class room which he brought home when he retired. He has been gone a number of years now but that portrait still hangs in his room at home. Unfortunately I don't think my mother will be in the house much longer and it will be interesting to see which brother takes possession of the picture. It will be valued as much for the man in the portrait as well as the old man that idolized him so much.

Thanks for sharing the quotes.

You're welcome. I was afraid that someone might mistake these quotes from Robert Kennedy for quotes from JFK. Did your father have a picture of Bobby Kennedy?

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're welcome. I was afraid that someone might mistake these quotes from Robert Kennedy for quotes from JFK. Did your father have a picture of Bobby Kennedy?

I did mistake them as quotes from JFK but I'm certain my father would not have. My father liked both Kennedys but the president was the one he idolized and it is JFKs portrait that hangs in his room. The quotes are still good and Bobby might well have moved the world as much as his older brother had he not been assassinated.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are two rear view mirrors. One on each side. One in the middle of the cabin would be good for checking your personal appearance rather than rear view. Will a mirror on the sun visor be standard or optional? Will it be lit? So many questions...

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will a mirror on the sun visor be standard or optional?
I get the impression that everything not necessary to making the E a running, moving vehicle or already listed by EM as "standard" will be optional. I'm OK with that.

I will have to spring for the sun visor mirror so I can make sure I'm pretty as a pony before being seen in my Clown Car. :D

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are two rear view mirrors. One on each side. One in the middle of the cabin would be good for checking your personal appearance rather than rear view. Will a mirror on the sun visor be standard or optional? Will it be lit? So many questions...
Well, most production car side mirrors have a blind spot. Added mirrors for that is sometimes a good idea. That middle mirror could do that if curved right.
I'm sure the rear window will be exceptionally easy to provide in after market, and may be one of the most popular accessories. In my case I'm sure I'll get the back window at some point, then I'll get the middle mirror, plus some mirros for L/R blind spots and a back-up camera too. But maybe all that only after my Elio is first delivered. I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, most production car side mirrors have a blind spot.
Most production cars have blind spots. The mirrors do not. The mirrors are there to mitigate the blind spots. Most drivers do not know how to properly use side mirrors. Here's a hint: If you can see the face of the driver in front of you in their car's side mirrors stay clear of them because they are not thinking drivers.

http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/articles/mirrors

mirrorsani3.gif

Top Bottom