• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Rear Window / Rear View Camera

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't you guys think elio is going to get sued for not having the rear view camera standard. Once that first child is killed when someone backs up,its going to be millions in lawsuits. There excuse will be to use the side mirrors but i doubt you can see a 7 year old if he is behind it. Isn't it worth the few extra bucks that these cameras probably cost now. I think they are opening a can of worms from lawyers
Nope. Every manufacturer (except maybe Tesla) makes cars without rear view cameras...

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that your avatar is a perfect fit for you. Dour and depressing. Enjoy your journey. I am taking mine elsewhere. Somehow, I don't think you will miss me. :) Z
Whats so depressing about this

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
you have to be proactive. gm tried to save a buck and now they are paying out billions. how much could a camera cost today. they are cheap.

No. You must conduct yourself responsibly and be responsible for your actions when you mess up.

I'm sure I remember from drivers ed, that if you do not approach your vehicle from the rear, you must physically walk behind it and visually check that nothing is behind it prior to backing.

Law in Wyoming and I'm sure a lot of other states.

Backing
Check behind your vehicle by walking behind it before
you back up.
When you back up, do not depend upon
your mirrors. Turn your head and body so that you can
see where you are backing. Place your hand at the top
of the steering wheel and back up slowly. Always be
prepared to stop.

People wishing for more standard options, are like people on the other side imposing unwanted taxes on the people who can’t afford them. JMO.

Last edited:

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
you have to be proactive. gm tried to save a buck and now they are paying out billions. how much could a camera cost today. they are cheap.
You are right YOU have to be proactive and take responsibility for your own actions. Not blame everyone else (GM) for your irresponsibility.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why is it some people aren't happy with the Elio? Are their lives so miserable, that they must find fault with something, they have no control over? The engine is to small, the transmission sucks, there's no camera, there's no rear window, the colors are wrong, the fenders are wrong, the lights are wrong, Elgin dash, no Elgin dash, the plant is empty, the plant is full of useless equipment, there's no news, it's the wrong news, to little information being released. When, when, when, When will I get my Elio! Enough already! Stop beating the horse! It's dead already! We know your not happy! We know your scared about your investment ( or lack there of ). We know your thinking it will fail! But could you for one day stop critiquing the poor little thing to death! The negitive energy is very tiring and getting very old, very quickly!

This is the second time I have posted this quote by WC. It seems to fit here.

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty' -Winston Churchill-

Cedartick

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I noticed that Elio does not have a rear window, thus, no rear view mirror? Is it because the Elio is classified as motorcycle? Or is it because the car has a narrow rear?
After watching some YouTube videos where the car had a GoPro camera, I may get one, or two front and rear. There is also a monitor available. If the camera is placed to the rear...and you have a monitor...you have a backup camera with higher quality views, and a record.

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
GM didn't try to save a buck on their ignition switch springs, if that is to what you are referring. I got it clarified by a friend who processes warranty claims at a dealership (all the recall fixes pass through him for dealer reimbursement). Turns out, GM wasn't being cheap or stupid, at least originally. The switch and spring were intentionally designed that way because they wanted to mirror the smooth sensation of a Mercedes, rather than the driver feeling each separate detent. In hindsight we can say they got it wrong, but their original intention was not "to save a buck."

I sense that you are looking to have your doubts and concerns allayed, but your tone is imperious.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
- Maya Angelou (1928-2014)

Top Bottom