• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ny Auto Show 2016

runt2

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I consider the target delivery date on Elio's website to be misleading...Q4 '16 is not remotely realistic...

Quoting their recent SEC 1-U filing... "We have not yet generated any revenues and do not anticipate doing so until late in 2016 at the earliest, but more likely in 2017"...

In truth...there's really no need to place a reservation anymore...the Elio has become a stalled project to most consumers...and thus waiting for actual production is probably the most prudent action to take...

When I placed my $1,000 deposit in late 2013... I never could have never imagined there would still be not be a completed production ready prototype by now...

But the good news is...now that Elio is a public company...there will be mandatory quarterly report avaible to review with regards to their progress!

I disagree. Again, I can only speak for myself (as well as my brother and son in law who all feel the same), but we see EM as not stalled but moving steadily toward production. Elio's financial statements that they posted on their own consumer website (kudos for being transparent with this) gives us some concern and therefore some caution but we have enough excitement and confidence still that we will each invest our 1k before the 50% bonus ends.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I consider the target delivery date on Elio's website to be misleading...Q4 '16 is not remotely realistic...

Quoting their recent SEC 1-U filing... "We have not yet generated any revenues and do not anticipate doing so until late in 2016 at the earliest, but more likely in 2017"...

In truth...there's really no need to place a reservation anymore...the Elio has become a stalled project to most consumers...and thus waiting for actual production is probably the most prudent action to take...

When I placed my $1,000 deposit in late 2013... I never could have never imagined there would not be a completed production ready prototype by now...

Unless Elio receives long term funding soon...the estimated production dates have very little real world relevance...

But the good news is...now that Elio is a public company...there will be mandatory quarterly report avaible to review with regards to their progress!

Because you have a $1000 All In reservation since late 2013 you must have an envious low number, curious to know what your reservation number is.

I don't know anybody who isn't disappointed about the delay in production and I agree it would be very disappointing if they don't build at least one reservation holder unit by 11:59 pm, Dec. 31, 2016, but if they do than it counts in my opinion.

I also agree that since Elio is now a public company it adds a lot to the credibility of Paul Elio and the whole project. That is not just me drinking the Elio Kool Aide, it's a fact!

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"We" are a people that are now internally wired -"bigger is better", gas prices go up, reality smacks 'em in the face- awhile back you'd be upside down on big cars/vans/SUVs, and you could buy 'em off the lots really cheap. Today, the nearby Toyota dealer, a "pile" of Prius (singular and plural?) sitting there. Highlanders and RAV4s going OTD. I think as the bubble pops again (gas moving back up) the selling of the E will be to market at an excellent time

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You might notice that he did not say he had a $1000 "ALL IN" reservation. Without that, he would not have a number.
Actually he did say.."I've had a $1,000 non-refunable deposit in place since fall of 2013" On the thread he started titled Carl Icahn Want Pep Boys To Exit The Auto Repair Business! Post 71.

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, Elio Motors is going back to the New York Auto Show in March of this year, 2016. I wonder what the response will be. Neither the NY or LA auto shows brought in the large upsurge in reservations like I expected. I wonder if there will be more interest this time. Elio Motors will be showing the P5.

I plan on going to the NY show this year to finally see what my car should look like in person. I have yet to see any of the prototypes in real life, have only relied on their web site, research and my nature to always be a little bit different.

I hope the car turns out to be as fun in real life as it looks in the videos. At the least it will give me an excuse to wear one of my t-shirts...

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plan on going to the NY show this year to finally see what my car should look like in person. I have yet to see any of the prototypes in real life, have only relied on their web site, research and my nature to always be a little bit different.

I hope the car turns out to be as fun in real life as it looks in the videos. At the least it will give me an excuse to wear one of my t-shirts...
I know of no one who has sat in it and -
a. not smiled
b. was more enthusiastic about the project
I had the honor twice, and each time walked away knowing it was possible!

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Note: They say they don't anticipate to be generating any revenues until 2017. Revenue is not the same as Production. They can start production in Q4, and be solely spending money for a while (a month?) before they actually start making money on finished-and-sold Elios. Even from the reservists, money will not be changing hands until they pick up or take delivery on the physical product.

Elsewhere in that document, they still pretty confidently say "production" will be Q4 2016.

Top Bottom