• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ny Auto Show 2016

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The day EM starts production and receives full payment on Elio #1 rolling off the production line is the day EM generates production revenue. EM is currently generating considerable revenue from reservations. Go Elio.

I will have confidence that production has started when EM says production has started.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was on the news tonight that "Gas prices in San Diego, probably all of Ca. Will rise .50 per gallon over the weekend, due to the addition of "summer blend" in the fuel".............. It was up .10 per gallon today, since yesterday in my area.

Maybe that will help increase the reservations on the ELIO.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was on the news tonight that "Gas prices in San Diego, probably all of Ca. Will rise .50 per gallon over the weekend, due to the addition of "summer blend" in the fuel".............. It was up .10 per gallon today, since yesterday in my area.

Maybe that will help increase the reservations on the ELIO.
Although it sounds like some folks here are rooting for gas prices to go up for the success of this project, the downside, has major global implications. IMO it will put a further damper on our economy, as folks will have less cash to spend.
Gas prices go up- cost of manufacturing goes up.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although it sounds like some folks here are rooting for gas prices to go up for the success of this project, the downside, has major global implications. IMO it will put a further damper on our economy, as folks will have less cash to spend.

I know it sound counterintuitive, but lower oil prices is not good for the economy.

Good read if you have the time:

http://www.oil-price.net/en/articles/will-collapse-in-oil-price-cause-stock-market-crash.php

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I plan on going to the NY show this year to finally see what my car should look like in person. I have yet to see any of the prototypes in real life, have only relied on their web site, research and my nature to always be a little bit different.

I hope the car turns out to be as fun in real life as it looks in the videos. At the least it will give me an excuse to wear one of my t-shirts...
The first time I saw an Elio in real life, the first thing that came to mind was: it's a lot bigger than I expected; especially lengthwise.
First time I sat in it, it was exactly as pictured and felt like I had driven it before; it was that comfortable and familiar; it felt right at home.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

That goes both ways. The low gas prices are great at the pump, but it really hurts companies the are part of the oil industry. My wife's company is a global company that deals with pumps and valves. Because of the oil market, the company is really suffering. Some layoffs and major cutbacks. No bonuses this year.That hurt the old pocketbook.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That goes both ways. The low gas prices are great at the pump, but it really hurts companies the are part of the oil industry. My wife's company is a global company that deals with pumps and valves. Because of the oil market, the company is really suffering. Some layoffs and major cutbacks. No bonuses this year.That hurt the old pocketbook.

Here-here. The company I work for sells high-end synthetic rope primarily to the oil and gas exploration sector. We, too, have seen a tremendous drop in sales, no bonuses last year, etc. No major layoffs, but there is a hiring freeze, and very few people got any raise except the minimum cost-of-living increase.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here-here. The company I work for sells high-end synthetic rope primarily to the oil and gas exploration sector. We, too, have seen a tremendous drop in sales, no bonuses last year, etc. No major layoffs, but there is a hiring freeze, and very few people got any raise except the minimum cost-of-living increase.
And you work!!!!! seems like Edison sleeping in his lab, I'm exhausted just seeing your schedule!!!

Top Bottom