• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Only 84mpg???

chubz

Elio Fan
Reaction score
"If they can attain 258mpg, why is there a problem netting 84??" Sure doesn't seem like I'm even insinuating anything greater than the 84mpg goal. Maybe you should sound out the words, slowly, so you can comprehend them .... Start with one or two in series, then work your way up to the full sentence.

Don't back pedal now. I feel like I am beating a dead horse but lets look at what you said which is what I responded to. Only 84mpg??? Only= alone, solely, exclusively, no more than, merely, just... its not that hard to infer what you were getting at.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't back pedal now. I feel like I am beating a dead horse but lets look at what you said which is what I responded to. Only 84mpg??? Only= alone, solely, exclusively, no more than, merely, just... its not that hard to infer what you were getting at.

What the heck this is too much fun to resist. One could also infer the statement to mean: If VW can achieve 258mpg ELio should at least be able to get 84mpg
or words to that affect................... :)

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If there was an inference made, it was solely in your mind. "If they can attain 258mpg, why is there a problem netting 84??". Read it reeeeeaaaaaaalllllll slow. Please explain, in great detail, how you assume this means anything other than what is written.

Ryan

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or "Slip Streaming" Slipstreaming, also known as drafting :)
....which could improve your MPG. Seriously, is anyone actually interested in the original question? It's an interesting problem and worth a serious discussion, but this thread went right off the rails.

chubz

Elio Fan
Reaction score
....which could improve your MPG. Seriously, is anyone actually interested in the original question? It's an interesting problem and worth a serious discussion, but this thread went right off the rails.
Personally I would prefer a higher power to weight ratio but that will hurt MPG's which is the main reason why we are interested in this car.

If 84mpg was easily attainable we should have more vehicles getting higher MPG's. But we don't because we want faster and larger vehicles.

Top Bottom