• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remote start.... Never had that luxury but in our winters I've sometimes placed a small electric fan heater in my car. I powered it from an extension cable on an RCD outlet. I fitted a simple timer socket on the extension cable and set it to come on a half hour before "takeoff".

Obviously, it didn't heat the engine but it melted the ice off the car and it was warm inside so the windows didn't mist up once on the move, which was the reason for doing it.

We've just had solar panels fitted and part of the deal was an electric car battery charging socket......this gives me another idea.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remote start.... Never had that luxury but in our winters I've sometimes placed a small electric fan heater in my car. I powered it from an extension cable on an RCD outlet. I fitted a simple timer socket on the extension cable and set it to come on a half hour before "takeoff".

Obviously, it didn't heat the engine but it melted the ice off the car and it was warm inside so the windows didn't mist up once on the move, which was the reason for doing it.

We've just had solar panels fitted and part of the deal was an electric car battery charging socket......this gives me another idea.
I have to admit I like the way you think. One idea simply leads on to another and then another, etc. Good for you! :-) Z

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't notice a rear view mirror inside the car.

Where are we supposed to hang the pink furry dice?
LOL... On the off chance that you didnt' know, rear view mirrors work because of the angle created by the driver looking slightly to the side to see the mirror which then angles back out the rear window. Of course, the Elio doesn't have a back window and the reason, other than cost, is that if there was a rear view mirror, all you'd see in it is your own smiling face... you couldn't see behind yourself. So, no rear window, therefore, no rear view mirror, therefore, no fuzzy dice... Unless.... one of those clear 3M hooks... Yeah, that's the ticket.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL... On the off chance that you didnt' know, rear view mirrors work because of the angle created by the driver looking slightly to the side to see the mirror which then angles back out the rear window. Of course, the Elio doesn't have a back window and the reason, other than cost, is that if there was a rear view mirror, all you'd see in it is your own smiling face... you couldn't see behind yourself. So, no rear window, therefore, no rear view mirror, therefore, no fuzzy dice... Unless.... one of those clear 3M hooks... Yeah, that's the ticket.

Thanks, but I had already worked out how a mirror works... :rolleyes:

I was only joking, I don't even have any pink furry dice :D

Top Bottom