• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

NOLIKEIT

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw somebody post on another site ( facebook) that it would be nice if the seat reclined down to make a kinda sleeping tube for long trips and overnight campsite stays-for one person of course !! just sayin .
Yea I emailed them about that but the back with the seat down is like 49 (47 actually, checked the email)inches.
How about a custom cut pad that fills the space behind the front seat that extended the shelf to a more "sleepable" size, hopefully another 20 inches with the front seat pulled forward. Imagine an upside down L with a slight rise up from the back forward for a comfy spot for an elevated pillow. I'm going to have a happy upholsterer.

If it worked(I'm about 5'6ish) I will be doing long haul tripping for real.

Last edited:

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Options: My Dodge Caravan has an upper console with displays of Temperature, Direction (compass), MPG, miles until empty, elapsed time, etc. I have enjoyed using it.

I believe I would pay for a similar option in the Elio. Not sure that it would be an easy-to-add option, and it might be considered too much of a luxury item.

NOLIKEIT

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Options: My Dodge Caravan has an upper console with displays of Temperature, Direction (compass), MPG, miles until empty, elapsed time, etc. I have enjoyed using it.

I believe I would pay for a similar option in the Elio. Not sure that it would be an easy-to-add option, and it might be considered too much of a luxury item.

That was always a killer upgrade. Compass came in handy when you were in a new place on vacation.
That plus the bed backseat, call it Gullivers traveler.
Just for comedy make the steering wheel a mini boat helm.

Everything before the helm is 100% serious :p

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In reasonable weather I've just reclined the front seat and taken a mid-day snooze on a long trip. Keeping the windows closed and the moonroof open provides ventilation and makes it less attractive to undesirable characters. If it begins to rain, at least you're going to be the first to know . . . and reach for the moonroof switch. ;)

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been closely monitoring at this site and others regarding wish lists. And of course answers from the Elio team. If any you own a bike and it was purchased new, remember the price $$ and then if you started to see accessories, remember how you dressed up your machine. It was an on going exercise until you got it right. In my case back in 1988 I purchase a 1500cc Gold Wing, which set me back 10K, base price, then I started adding to it ( you name it and I had it) after a year it totaled out at 17K........Elio is priced at $6800, add-ons $$$$$ for the guys that want something different than the basic car. Based upon what Team Elio is saying in posts regarding add-ons, I'll bet to dress this beauty up the end results will be somewhere around 10 to 12K....Hey that's what it's all about , tailor it to your own personal taste, but don't keep asking for these accessories to be included in the car. In my case I want cruise control ( may or may not be included in price ), I also want an auto tranny cost $350-500 as per Mr.Elio, upgraded radio another 100 bucks, leather seat $350 someone wants a red paint job extra $$ and it goes on and on....We all want it at $6800 and the design team can only do so much with the budget. It's nice to dream..... but remember the $$$

Took a while to find or spot; your accessory coment and with prices is very good preview! Thank you for mentioning them.
Terrence Bernard

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have he Burgman 400 scooter and absolutely love it. My son, who happens to have a Harley, has never ridden with me. My Burgman gets 69 MPG. Like the Elio, scooters are cool.
Should the 400 denote cubic centimeters you have a fine scotter there. Enjoy that ride as in a year you'll be able to enjoy the Elio!
With a 69 mpg Burgman and a 84 mpg Elio you have done a fine job with your transportation fuel budget!
Terrence :)

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been closely monitoring at this site and others regarding wish lists. And of course answers from the Elio team. If any you own a bike and it was purchased new, remember the price $$ and then if you started to see accessories, remember how you dressed up your machine. It was an on going exercise until you got it right. In my case back in 1988 I purchase a 1500cc Gold Wing, which set me back 10K, base price, then I started adding to it ( you name it and I had it) after a year it totaled out at 17K........Elio is priced at $6800, add-ons $$$$$ for the guys that want something different than the basic car. Based upon what Team Elio is saying in posts regarding add-ons, I'll bet to dress this beauty up the end results will be somewhere around 10 to 12K....Hey that's what it's all about , tailor it to your own personal taste, but don't keep asking for these accessories to be included in the car. In my case I want cruise control ( may or may not be included in price ), I also want an auto tranny cost $350-500 as per Mr.Elio, upgraded radio another 100 bucks, leather seat $350 someone wants a red paint job extra $$ and it goes on and on....We all want it at $6800 and the design team can only do so much with the budget. It's nice to dream..... but remember the $$$

Now four months later, yesterday there was a data release mentioning in a few weeks we could be seeing an accessory website with accessories to vote for. How nice and great progression with team Elio! That will really be exciting when the accessories site is on the monitor in front of our wide open eyes!
Terrence :)

Darrell

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Has there been an mention of offering an extended warranty. It seems like with this being a brand new vehicle, that it might pay for itself.

Top Bottom