• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd be a nervous wreck! I'm the worst passenger you'll ever meet. If I'm not in control, I can't relax. There would be an upside if you had a couple of 'adult beverages' with your buddies after work. Hop in the back seat and say, "Home James!" o_O [closest I could find to a drunk looking emoticon]
drunk.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are youtube videos of it being applied to cars. I was going to have it applied to my Sonic when I bought it but ended up not doing it. It would have been around $1800-2000 for the car and I think it was warranted for 5 years? Something like that.

Not bad! So possibly around a grand for an Elio. One problem though. Now I'm going to have to teach myself Photoshop or Gimp to play with different color schemes. On the up side, I've got a year to learn how to use them. I'll definitely keep you posted Ekh (and the rest of the forum). I've got an ugly clearcoat peeled spoiler on the back of my SVX that's just screaming to be wrapped, or scrapped.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not bad! So possibly around a grand for an Elio. One problem though. Now I'm going to have to teach myself Photoshop or Gimp to play with different color schemes. On the up side, I've got a year to learn how to use them. I'll definitely keep you posted Ekh (and the rest of the forum). I've got an ugly clearcoat peeled spoiler on the back of my SVX that's just screaming to be wrapped, or scrapped.
Just get Photoshop Elements -- you don't need the whole big program.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think a saw the Premium car wrap film was like $7.99 sq. ft. with a 5 year warranty [double check me on that], and I believe they said the "average car" was around 300 sq. ft. . Assuming the Elio is 1/2 the sq. ft. of the "average car", it'd run around $1200 for the material. I haven't really priced a complete paint job lately, but I'm guessing it'd be around $2000 and up, less if you've got a buddy that's got the skills and place to do it. Also saw a video demonstrating a wrap called SofTouch. Looks impossible to scratch. Gotta get me some to experiment with. Thanks for posting the screen shot of their site!
I'm thinking of using wrap as more as a touch up or accent to the over all Elio as a apposed to a complete wrap. My Wife wont be caught dead in an Elio with my last decor idea. Any suggestions are welcome here. One possible accent to the rear black panel might be to add alternate red and white to the 3 defined channels or indentations there. Yeah do the 3 channels white, red, white alternately striped and finish the rest of the black background in navy blue. kind of like this:
upload_2014-9-8_12-9-54.png
Red White and blue back panel would be a "made in the USA" kind of statement. Maybe?

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-8_12-8-51.png
    upload_2014-9-8_12-8-51.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

pablotech1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about a pair of flexible suspension covers? For the gap between the body and the fenders. The control arm, stabilizer links and all other suspension components are completely exposed to the elements (I live in Chicago).

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What about a pair of flexible suspension covers? For the gap between the body and the fenders. The control arm, stabilizer links and all other suspension components are completely exposed to the elements (I live in Chicago).
I can see a heavy black vinyl sheathed over these components looking pretty snazzy as an after market. Those of us looking for show car type preservation are considering temporary bras of something like tyvec to protect from bug spatter from the return trip from the factory. LOL

Top Bottom