• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Others Reaction To The Elio

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know the Elio is long, but it's still a small "car" at 1200 Lbs. you aren't going to muscle anyone off the highway, that's why I plan on having this particular option.
View attachment 1589

I have no idea how you guys do this stuff, but I almost sprayed out my morning coffee!! thanks so much!!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio does have that James Bond look.
Ah! A fellow scooterist! I know what you are talking about and sure there will always be the risk of someone doing something stupid, either intentionally or accidentally to vehicles they see as a nuisance or, for that matter, not seeing at all! Right now we mostly drive a Fit and we've had the old Festiva and a couple of scooters (mine 150cc, my wife's 125cc) but something you just come to accept is that you have to be on your toes when you are out and about. That's not to say be timid or over cautious, no, just be aware of what's coming up behind you and toward you. Let's face it, unless you are a semi hauling triple trailers behind you, there is always some vehicle bigger than yours. So, be alert but enjoy!

wjdom

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Miata (retractable hard top) and believe it the nicest car I have ever owned. Still has slightly less than 18,000 miles on it. The Miata has the "Cool Factor" without a doubt. Never had a Bug but I'd say the Bug has the "Cute Factor".

I guess an option for the Elio should be a "Directional Short Range EMP Generator" that will render those too close for comfort inoperable.
Check out "Assult and Battery" Miata on Youtube, Electric, 0 to 60 in 1.5 sec. 8.9 1/4 mile

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got 2 late model Vespas. One for me and one for my wife. Not long after we bought them we went downtown for dinner and a beer. When we came back to the street we found them both knocked over. "Vespa Tipping" is a 'fun' hobby for some jerks. The Elio will be more difficult to tip over but we also got "keyed" twice. Another "jerky" thing going on is Coal Rolling. I've been coal rolled once while in my Prius.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Elio becomes a target for some people. Especially here in the south.
Pretty sad commentary on our society. Unfortunately, it happens everywhere.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I realize that I'm stereotyping and generalizing. I apologize upfront to anyone I may offend, but this is my observation and one of my concerns.
The Prius has a stereotype associate with it. More-so the owners. When I see a Prius, or meet a Prius owner, I envision Left wing; Obama sticker, Pro-Choice, Gun control, Tree Hugger. I'm sure that there are those of you that break this stereotype, but I think the generalization and the perception is fairly accurate.
So my concern is, will people have this same perception about Elio owners? I'm not big into caring about what other people think of me, but I'm still curious as to whether this will have a stigma associated with it.

Thoughts?

Moderator Comment: Merged into existing thread about reactions to the Elio

Last edited by a moderator:

Elio1

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's part of the 'package' that comes with owning an Elio. People are far more comfortable with making assumptions, for the purpose of pacifying their insecurities & massaging their egos, rather than researching facts. Opinions never equate to facts.

Top Bottom