• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Others Reaction To The Elio

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's part of the 'package' that comes with owning an Elio. People are far more comfortable with making assumptions, for the purpose of pacifying their insecurities & massaging their egos, rather than researching facts. Opinions never equate to facts.

So you're thinking that the Elio will cause the same perception as the Prius?

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I blow that stereotype out the water.I am a libertarian, atheist, small government , anti abortion, pro gun, and overall social darwinist . The only way I would vote for a Democrap is if you gave me a free Elio.
The perception wont be the same. The people that buy the Elio are looking for cheap transportation, don't want to spend alot on gas, and still want to look cool in the process. The prius is much more expensive to buy. It's not the same. Last but not least, the Elio looks like fun, and fun connects with all political parties, race, idology, or age. The Prius doesn't look fun at all.

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Uh oh....I can see this thread getting deleted. :rolleyes:
I don't much care what people think of me either...I like "odd-ball" vehicles, maybe "unique" is a better word. My daily driver is a '92 SVX [I've only seen two in the last 15 years], and my 914's, only seen 1 on the road, with the exception of our cruises. Elio is right up my alley! :)

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't much care what people think of me either...I like "odd-ball" vehicles, maybe "unique" is a better word. My daily driver is a '92 SVX [I've only seen two in the last 15 years], and my 914's, only seen 1 on the road, with the exception of our cruises. Elio is right up my alley! :)

Yeah. I tried to be very careful in how I worded this as to not get chastised by moderators. I don't want this to turn into a political discussion. More so a discussion about if people think there will be a stereotype of Elio drivers like there is with Prius drivers. And if there is, do future owners care? We'll try to keep it civil!

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. I tried to be very careful in how I worded this as to not get chastised by moderators. I don't want this to turn into a political discussion. More so a discussion about if people think there will be a stereotype of Elio drivers like there is with Prius drivers. And if there is, do future owners care? We'll try to keep it civil!

To answer your question, there is no way Elio drivers will be stereotyped in the same way as a Prius driver. I will bet my life on it. As far as deleting posts go, I would hope this board isnt as sensitive as the Nissan Leaf board. The owner of that site will warn you if you say Obama doesn't like steak and eggs for breakfast. If you want to see Prius stereotypes, go to the Leaf board. They make Prius owners look like Reagan underwear wearing Neocons

Last edited:

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The primary demographic of purchasers so far is middle-income, late-middle-age white males, meaning probably mostly conservative-leaning. The largest demographic of the Pious owners was suburban, female, middle-aged, middle-income, and coastal, meaning mostly dedicated Liberals (in political name but not historic meaning). Based on who the early owners will be, I don't think the Elio will get the same perception as the Pious.

I'm sure we'll get stereotyped, but it won't be as bleeding-heart Liberals.
I, for one, won't be putting a "Coexist" sticker on my Elio. ;)

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't think it will be deleted, but it may be sent to the dark side of the moon where know one goes like one of my post. o_O:)

Top Bottom