• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Owner Mocked

Robert Moorman

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Just a heads up concerning the time it is taking for production to start. I was at our local cigar shop and someone asked me when I was going to receive my Elio and before I could answer someone said "never" and then laughed me to scorn; another person said it probably seems like never and laughed also will another person said " it is just a 3 wheeled motorcycle". Initially, I talked up Elio to the cigar shop patrons and even had one person sign up to receive an Elio also but now I am mute for obvious reasons. Explaining logistics does not help but an Elio delivered would sure make some people eat their words. I am finding that this seems to be the general consensus everywhere considering the slowing owner numbers posted. It was really a kick in the pants when Elio decided to produce 100 vehicles for some business instead of those who are all in owners.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a heads up concerning the time it is taking for production to start. I was at our local cigar shop and someone asked me when I was going to receive my Elio and before I could answer someone said "never" and then laughed me to scorn; another person said it probably seems like never and laughed also will another person said " it is just a 3 wheeled motorcycle". Initially, I talked up Elio to the cigar shop patrons and even had one person sign up to receive an Elio also but now I am mute for obvious reasons. Explaining logistics does not help but an Elio delivered would sure make some people eat their words. I am finding that this seems to be the general consensus everywhere considering the slowing owner numbers posted. It was really a kick in the pants when Elio decided to produce 100 vehicles for some business instead of those who are all in owners.
Pre production or test vehicles were always part of the plan, but using the fleet customers to do the real world testing simply monetized what would otherwise have been a straight out expense.

2017 will be a big year, but it might not start out that way.

Ray O

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A 3 wheeled motorcycle well not exactly it will be more stable and even it were a 3 wheeled motorcycle it would cost more just look at what 900 cc cost then add the third wheel set up. Note the gas millage would not come close. Actually I don't care what you call it I want one. Lets look forward to all the fun were going to have.

IdahoDuffer

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You'll get the last laugh, Robert! Remember what they say, he who laughs last, thinks the slowest....errr, umm, okay...Not all that helpful. :rolleyes:
;):D

Ha ha......wait, that was a joke right? It seemed like a joke and I found it funny so I laughed, but then I felt embarrassed because maybe it wasn't a joke. No wait....it was definitely a joke, I think?!?

Top Bottom