• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P2, P3, P4, P5 All In One Photo!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If it can be done without added cost, Elio should offer both yellow (Mellow Yellow?) and purple (Purple People Eater?). If you're going to offer the rainbow of colors, might as well include them all (I'm combining indigo and violet into purple).
There are always body wraps that can give you any color in the rainbow; even the rainbow if you want. :becky:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup that's one way. Or hopefully they can offer those other colors as replacement body panels after production has ramped up. Since the panel's aren't meant to serve as structural pieces but are "replace-not-repair," a DIYer should be able to change the colored panels over a weekend. At least in theory.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
P1 for reference...

elio_frame.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
It'd be cool if down the road (after EM is a success), the P1 chassis were recreated just to better show the evolution.

NOT ONLY THAT , THEY COULD PUT THE P-2 BODY ON THE REPRODUCTION CHASSIS
SO THE ORIGINAL P-1 COULD BE SEEN AS IT WAS , BACK IN THE DAY .

I really like the idea of EM having a P1 chassis on display. I have heard from EM personnel that Paul Elio has been meticulous in keeping everything involved with this project going back to the original idea sketched on a napkin. Knowing this it is very likely PE has the original P1 engineering drawings thus recreating it should not too difficult.

It is my understanding that creating the P2 was not simply a matter of installing a body and interior on the P1 chassis. Instead in creating the P2 the chassis was modified to reflect what was learned from the P1 as well as to accommodate the body and passenger compartment. Knowing this going backwards is not likely a good option.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regarding those body panels.... Elsewhere I suggested that instead of Elio raising the base price they could make more profits form accessories and options. How about offering "2 tone" Elios? You could order it with a silver body but with a black hood, rear hatch and fenders, as an example. The extra cost to Elio is almost nothing and they could charge a couple of hundred. Pure profit.

I sometimes wonder if anyone at Elio ever reads this stuff. :oops:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regarding those body panels.... Elsewhere I suggested that instead of Elio raising the base price they could make more profits form accessories and options. How about offering "2 tone" Elios? You could order it with a silver body but with a black hood, rear hatch and fenders, as an example. The extra cost to Elio is almost nothing and they could charge a couple of hundred. Pure profit.

I sometimes wonder if anyone at Elio ever reads this stuff. :oops:
I also think it might look cool for a two tone Elio. My variation on your idea is to have a black hood, roof, and hatch. Or maybe a Pepe Le Pew look (black body with white hood, roof and hatch).

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about offering "2 tone" Elios?

IF THEY WON'T GIVE US YELLOW , I DOUBT THAT THEY WILL OFFER TWO TONES .

BACK IN 1955 , THE MESSERSCHMITT CAME IN A BEAUTIFUL TWO TONE AS AN OPTION .

55-Messerschmitt-KR-200-DV-08-CC_04.jpg

THE PROBLEM WITH IT WAS THAT IT REQUIRED EACH CAR TO BE MASKED & PAINTED TWICE .

THE COMPANY WANTED TO OFFER TWO TONES WITHOUT DOING THE EXTRA WORK
SO IN 1958 THEY CHANGED IT TO ONE COLOR FOR THE BODY AND ANOTHER FOR THE FENDERS .

prdnsdpjvkcmpwhyuudh.jpg

IF ELIO EVER DECIDES TO OFFER A TWO TONE , IT WILL PROBABLY BE DICTATED BY SIMILAR ECONOMICS

Top Bottom