• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4 Pictures

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in early March of 2013 we drove to Shreveport where the creamsicle Elio was on display .... there was a very large crowd that lined up of over a block .... we got there early and saw them back it out of its hauler and drive to the display area .... at that time it had no muffler and the motor was running rough .... it had to be recranked several times as it backfired along the way .... we enjoyed the festive atmosphere .... Elio most certainly knew how to stage an event

Attachments

• 160306 002 P5 at Shreveport 002.jpg
    160306 002 P5 at Shreveport 002.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 145
  • 160306 003 P5 at Shreveport 001.jpg
    160306 003 P5 at Shreveport 001.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 160306 001 P5 at Shreveport 001.jpg
    160306 001 P5 at Shreveport 001.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even with the super expansion of housing around here in AZ, the utilities are silently keeping up.
I thought about this statement when my power went out yesterday. It was only down about an hour. It does happen a few times a year, so I'm not complaining. It was more ironic, than anything else.
Homes with AC seem more threatening in that way than EV's.
I switched to Evaporative Cooling, no more air conditioning for me. I'm saving $250-$350/month using an Evap Cooler over an air conditioner. I am using about $6/month more in water and I do have to clean the unit mid season (about a 60-90 minute job), but I'm willing to make that trade. Based on my calculations, the cost to run an evaporative cooler is 1/10 of an A/C unit. I'm wondering why housing builders don't offer whole house evap coolers as an option (in the desert).
I just wish they would not keep trying to monopolize by making it harder to put solar on your own roof.
You are 100% correct on this. Solar on your own roof has become a huge mess. So many changing fees and rules, I'm staying away from it.

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
in early March of 2013 we drove to Shreveport where the creamsicle Elio was on display .... there was a very large crowd that lined up of over a block .... we got there early and saw them back it out of its hauler and drive to the display area .... at that time it had no muffler and the motor was running rough .... it had to be recranked several times as it backfired along the way .... we enjoyed the festive atmosphere .... Elio most certainly knew how to stage an event
I was in Shreveport 03/06/16 and shot some footage of the Elio as they drove it across the street for us to check out...
Those were the days!

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was in Shreveport 03/06/16 and shot some footage of the Elio as they drove it across the street for us to check out...
Those were the days!
Thanks for the video! It's kind of rare to see one moving around. What a shame. Woulda, coulda, shoulda......

Seeing this makes me want the BEX Mongrel even more. If I get a chance (soon I hope), I'll place my right thumb on my nose, hold the palm of my hand open and perpendicular to my face and wiggle my fingers as I drive the Mongrel past Paul's house.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice looking car. Definitely would have (or maybe even will) got us a lot of attention driving it around. I sold my old pickup that had the Elio Bumper sticker on it. Hopefully new owner will leave it on the back window to inspire people in rural WV. My shirt is pretty much just a rag now from wearing it so much. But still got it. And a bit of hope still. I still want the gas version despite seeing a lot of Tesla's out there now and 5 dollar a gallon gas. Call me old fashion, I guess.

stevecaz

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I look at pictures like these and don't know if I should cry or scream! What a damn shame it is. Just think how much we could all be saving each month now that gas has hit over five bucks a gallon. I'll bet there are thousands of people who dismissed the idea of an Elio who now wish they could buy one.
I agree!

Top Bottom