• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: Time to chill.

Bravo...............
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm5lPQaAwvNiUoxWn5mUdCoGZ9J4H1JMQghVUWdFJAK9fwC88Z.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I wrote this in another thread but it also makes sense to copy it over here:

From what I know EM only needs to get the first of the E-series vehicles completed by the end of this year in order to meet their 3rd Qtr 2015 projection so I can reiterate my earlier comment about the schedule being tight however 3rd Qtr 2015 is still possible. Frankly from what I know I don't even need to change that opinion unless we dont see anything about the engine and P5/E0 by about mid November and we don't hear about further E-series builds by the end of the year.

For anyone wondering about this timeline this is based on something I was told that I can actually share. The exact parts for production need to be finalized about 3 months prior to production to give the suppliers time to finalize their assembly process in order to deliver these final parts on time. Also EM needs about six months or so of testing to finalize the hardware parts selection process. This is 9 months total so as long as they have the first E-series vehicles by the end of this year they have a shot of getting production online by the end of the 3rd quarter of 2015 even if it is a tight schedule. Software programming and tuning can continue pretty much until production starts up.

So knowing this timeline if we know that a running P5/E0 exists by mid-November and the production of the E-series is underway by the end of the year then this is what we need to see and if we don't then we have an issue which likely means another production delay. So everyone should just relax a bit and enjoy the ride as we still have two months or so before mid-November and the first trouble sign deadline. :)

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope they are building the rolling chassis while they are waiting for the engine to be completed but these are only the first 15-25 E models for crash testing and to work out the final bugs. We all must wait another 8-12 months before the first production cars are built. I hope my KIA holds out that long!

You bought a kia? Thats just wrong on every level. Elio should move you to number 1.

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
would be nice to have 2 doors not sure about a back door but for exiting at the sidewalk being your setting next to the sidewalk. exiting on the street can be a bit dangerous. and yes we all do it now but why not just make it safer. or just put the door on that side? and an automatic trans. the way the industry is going the manuals are going away anyway. the number of shifts we have to make now are just about like driving a big rig 12 to 15 gears means you never stop shifting that gets old after a bit. and i can see this car after it starts production going to more gears or a cvt. cvt's are to costly to repair. the cvt belt cost about as much as the car in the after market or service.

I agree with the door needing to be on the Curb side. Makes it safer for entry and exit when parking on the street. The Elio is all about changing things for the better. I realize that by putting the door on the other side it means you have to put the shifter on your left...like that has never been done before o_O. I would also like to make sure there is an Automatic Trans option with at least 5 or 6 gears.

On a side note...making a convertible model is just plain crazy. It completely undermines the safety factor this vehicle provides. If you need to see the sky then get the glass roof. :)

Top Bottom