• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio Speaks! 05-11-18

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong... I know the difference between great and bad burgers and I've had plenty of both. But, I'll defend McDonald's burgers as... consistently good enough for quick meals. And, this is getting off topic. I mean, I don't recall Paul ever talking about burgers. Coffee, yes. Burgers, no. So, this thread can now return to it's suggested topic! :)

Agreed. What was the suggested topic again?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. What was the suggested topic again?
It's about how the McDonalds BCO came out before the Eliocoin STO. Where both are the same is that since both are publicly traded companies neither one could talk about it until it came out. McDonalds is under the same gag order as Elio is.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong... I know the difference between great and bad burgers and I've had plenty of both. But, I'll defend McDonald's burgers as... consistently good enough for quick meals. And, this is getting off topic. I mean, I don't recall Paul ever talking about burgers. Coffee, yes. Burgers, no. So, this thread can now return to it's suggested topic! :)

So, now it's ....Paul Elio Speaks! 05-11-18...after eating a Burger King Whopper and washing it down with coffee.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We're kind of getting off topic. I'll just say, if you're ever in Houston get in touch with me and I'll treat you to a "good" burger. It won't be a Happy Meal, but then what is? :p

I just might take you up on your offer ..:cool:.. we spend our winters in Texas .... we are already booked into Lake Conroe just north of Houston in January ..:D

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, now it's ....Paul Elio Speaks! 05-11-18...after eating a Burger King Whopper and washing it down with coffee.
No. It's.....Paul Elio Speaks! 05-11-18... while holding a MacCoin in his left hand and a Venti Latte in the right. Then after the meeting he demonstrates how a BCO works when he goes and gets that Big Mac in downtown Shreveport.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that was 2 years ago. They appealed the decision and held some kind of closed door meeting. I can't remember the outcome but I think most if not all of that fine was dropped.
There's a long thread on it but I think it was only $545K after Elio lost the appeal and then they had 60-90 days to prove the non refundable were in escrow (that was to lead to another fine). If Elio did appeal that decision, it's unknown.

One thing you have to watch out for is many news articles can be 2-3 years old and then all of a sudden there's some update (usually the reporter moves to another station and the email response changes) then it gets recently updated. I ran into this when I was all excited that a dump of a property got sold by up only to find out it was what I just mentioned.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul really, really, really needs to hold a press conference - and/or write a thorough letter and link it to the front page of their site. He needs to give an update. The good, the bad and the ugly.

He needs to show he still cares and is trying. I still care if he still cares.....

Top Bottom