• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio Speaks! 05-11-18

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I asked the question that someone here asked:

Coss

Aug 30, 16:54 EDT

Well the grumbling has kept to a mild roar, but still a roar none the less. And I heard a simple request, goes like this;
"Yeah. These days, I always look carefully for article dates and doubly so when it comes to Elio. Come on, Paul... Give us something... even an email saying "I'm still here." or something. We've been supporting you for quite a long time now. Respect us by giving us a couple of words. The articles are too far in the past and the rehashing of the momentums is odd. I would be surprised if anyone could get excited about Elio when the last live post was so long ago... "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At least the vocal ones have kept it down (plus being told by staff to keep it down) but I do agree, it is a simple request.
Can you possibly get him to comply?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I got this reply:

fed0b86aaa6e97ed744b459c32fde7fc

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

Sep 3, 09:56 EDT

Thanks Coss for the note. Effectively every email is from Paul and the Elio Team, but we hear what you are saying.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
The Elio Team
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that was their reply from EM.
I know it's not much, but it's all that they would say.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I look at it as the decision to not communicate with the people that invested in the company is a move that just reduces the amount of trust people have with Elio Motors. At one time there were more forums and social media sites that were all about the Elio. Most have shuttered, been stagnant or seen a huge drop off in visitors. Even the group of staunch supporters has dwindled. I can see why. It was a decision that they made because of trust. The company gave them updates and the whole machine was running. Once things changed, it turned into the silent treatment. The staunch supporters started to feel like Elio gave up on them even though they made t-shirts, drove hundreds of miles just to see the Elio Team, sit in the car again, made their own custom stickers and even had meetups. All of this because they had trust. Now it's people that have worn out t-shirts, faded stickers, very few meetups and stories of how they have moved on.

All of this is because of the refusal for Elio Motors to connect with those people. Now they have reap what they sow. It's not going to get any better unless the Elio Motors Team starts a line of communication. Telling people to look at the blog is not going to do it. Especially, when they are just recycled old blogs. We are coming up on a year since the last bit of news from the company. How many are willing to wait another year of zero communication? I do know one thing, that number will go down. That's not what Elio Motors needs right now.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I asked the question that someone here asked:

Coss

Aug 30, 16:54 EDT

Well the grumbling has kept to a mild roar, but still a roar none the less. And I heard a simple request, goes like this;
"Yeah. These days, I always look carefully for article dates and doubly so when it comes to Elio. Come on, Paul... Give us something... even an email saying "I'm still here." or something. We've been supporting you for quite a long time now. Respect us by giving us a couple of words. The articles are too far in the past and the rehashing of the momentums is odd. I would be surprised if anyone could get excited about Elio when the last live post was so long ago... "
At least the vocal ones have kept it down (plus being told by staff to keep it down) but I do agree, it is a simple request.
Can you possibly get him to comply?

And I got this reply:

fed0b86aaa6e97ed744b459c32fde7fc

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

Sep 3, 09:56 EDT

Thanks Coss for the note. Effectively every email is from Paul and the Elio Team, but we hear what you are saying.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
The Elio Team
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that was their reply from EM.
I know it's not much, but it's all that they would say.
I wonder if an actual person replied, or is it computer generated?

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is caught between a rock and a hard place. Just what are you thinking they should say? How many more times can they promise that production will start 1 1/2 years from new funding? How many more times can they say that they are still unsuccessfully looking for funding? Is it better to spend $150k to file a report saying they are broke, or just not file the report, which also says that they are broke?

Potential investors can see the backlog of debt. The last rounds of investment went primarily to pay off old debt, rather than moving towards production. Without protection from old creditors, new investors have no reason to put up money. Declaring bankruptcy and wiping out the debt, including reservation promises, would anger the original enthusiasts.

Silence is the only option.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I'd do is just keep it going for another 2 years. If funding shows up, then great, if not then no big deal. I'd just set up a shell company that does not have the Elio name attached. That company buys only the intellectual rights for ten cents on the dollar. With all debt/fines/former contracts erased, then you can start new. By then, the majority of old investors have moved on thus the lack of backlash on social media. Since over half of the Elio reservation holders have only put in $100, it's no big deal.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I'd do is just keep it going for another 2 years. If funding shows up, then great, if not then no big deal. I'd just set up a shell company that does not have the Elio name attached. That company buys only the intellectual rights for ten cents on the dollar. With all debt/fines/former contracts erased, then you can start new. By then, the majority of old investors have moved on thus the lack of backlash on social media. Since over half of the Elio reservation holders have only put in $100, it's no big deal.
I'm beginning to think that may be the game plan... or simply to wait till the stock is basically worthless, declare bankruptcy, sell the remaining bits, etc... The question is: IF Elio did close down shop and Stu or someone basically did what RShneider said, would we still buy a vehicle? Can you see this coming?

"Well, Elio couldn't make it. The price model wouldn't work for their investors. I am going to start over again but am going to have to sell each vehicle for $9,900 in order to make this work. You can move your reservation over to purchase a Holden DuTrio (dual seats, three wheels) at the face value of your reservation. We have only one way to reserve - unsecured. We already have funding and will begin production in XX weeks. We have a team that is already changing the line in Shreveport and body panels are being stamped out..."

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would buy it if it proves a quality vehicle and fun to drive. I am in it for the fun to drive factor and not for fuel savings. I would want a NotElio for the same reasons I wanted an Elio, and as long as they kept the price down. I think my limit would be around $15k out the door.

So if someone was making a 100HP NotElio for $10k I would hop on that train.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would buy it if it proves a quality vehicle and fun to drive. I am in it for the fun to drive factor and not for fuel savings. I would want a NotElio for the same reasons I wanted an Elio, and as long as they kept the price down. I think my limit would be around $15k out the door.

So if someone was making a 100HP NotElio for $10k I would hop on that train.

"So if someone was making a 100HP NotElio for $10k I would hop on that train."

You got that right. I'd jump in a NY sec.

Top Bottom