• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio Town Hall Meeting - January 17th, 2015 - Elio Motors Invitation Only Event

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Based on this latest information the ELM327 adapter will work. The issue would be with what applications, or functions within applications, are compatible with this OBD-II implementation.

Well that would be friggin diggity.

I'm very interested to get that new engine on the Maine interstate, particularly North of Bangor where the 70mph legal speed limit turns into about 85 and see what's going on inside it. I have a running debate with a friend that hitting a wild turkey would practically disable the Elio (they do crazy damage traveling highway speed), but hitting a moose the Elio would pass under one entirely unscathed since even a small cow is at least 90" long.

Maine winters can make the human brain ponder all sorts of odd stuff.

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE the "endeavor to persevere" quote. Outlaw Josey Wales, Chief Lone Wahtee (sp?).

Several great quotes from that movie:

"You carry a piece of rock candy?" "Yep, but it's not for eatin'. It's just fer............ lookin' through."

Josey is facing a bounty hunter, and says "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

A bad guy told Josey to remove his guns from his holster. "You move real slow, like molasses in winter time."

And many, many, more. lol

Jeff,
Yup, you nailed it... One of my all time favorite movies... here's a couple more...

Josey Wales: Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride. (shoots the rope to the ferry)

Lone Watie: I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Josey Wales: You get those holes a-leakin', I'm gonna whomp you with a knotted plow line.

Granny Hawkins: I say that big talk's worth doodly-squat. Now, them poultices be laced with feathermoss and mustard root. Mind you drop water on 'em occasional and keep 'em damp.

Great Flick!!!:D

:cool:h_r

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You sure could. It would kinda defeat the purpose of flame spray - ie saving money by reducing machining costs and assembly processes though.
True but it would let you test the viability of flame spray in this engine by testing the surfaces of the cylinder liners after running it.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plan on using my Ultraguage it just plugs in and has its own display. Which you can set up according to what information is available. Makes it nice and easy to see what is happening without any other equipment.

Thats what I will use it will move from my current car to Elio. Or i might buy another so i don't have to move it around.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True but it would let you test the viability of flame spray in this engine by testing the surfaces of the cylinder liners after running it.
I don't have the answer to this, but would there be a difference in performance of the flame spray on different base metals?

Guess we wait and see.

archer5013

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well that would be friggin diggity.

I'm very interested to get that new engine on the Maine interstate, particularly North of Bangor where the 70mph legal speed limit turns into about 85 and see what's going on inside it. I have a running debate with a friend that hitting a wild turkey would practically disable the Elio (they do crazy damage traveling highway speed), but hitting a moose the Elio would pass under one entirely unscathed since even a small cow is at least 90" long.

Maine winters can make the human brain ponder all sorts of odd stuff.

I-95, north of Bangor: 75 MPH, at least as of last summer {2014}

This Maine winter - after just getting yet another delay - is making my brain hurt.

As you pass through Bangor (past the Mall exit), you only have about 100 miles to go to get to my home area (East Grand Lake region). Get off in Lincoln and boogie right on up into the Haynesville woods. Watch OUT for "Maine Water Buffalo".

Or go further and get off in Patten (or Smyrna) and go north up Rte 11 to Ashland. That's a Moose Interstate. I've almost never driven up that way (from Smyrna to Ashland) without seeing one or more - usually several - moosies (plus bears and other critters).

You probably wouldn't want to hit a moose with anything much smaller than a skidder or a military tank.
I've seen (18-wheeler) tractor cabs mangled, lucky the driver is seated high enough to survive (but the smell is something awful).

Last edited:
Top Bottom