• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio Wishes Folks Would Look On The Bright Side

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just have to ask, since Paul did say for us to 'look in the bright side...' How many years did he (and the EM Officers) pull down their $ 250, 000 per year salaries? Did it start way back at the very beginning? There was a time when there is no question that they earned it.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just have to ask, since Paul did say for us to 'look in the bright side...' How many years did he (and the EM Officers) pull down their $ 250, 000 per year salaries? Did it start way back at the very beginning? There was a time when there is no question that they earned it.
I agree. If he reduced his salary and take stock options, it would show his commitment. He has made millions on this car with his salary and money from Elio Engineering subcontracting. If I was an employee laid off, I would be livid and would have no respect for him. As an investor I would be very suspicious of his motives for obtaining a loan. He is the leader, he should act that way.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. If he reduced his salary and take stock options, it would show his commitment. He has made millions on this car with his salary and money from Elio Engineering subcontracting. If I was an employee laid off, I would be livid and would have no respect for him. As an investor I would be very suspicious of his motives for obtaining a loan. He is the leader, he should act that way.
So... you are certain he pulled his salary or did he include the $250,000 in the books so that once things are going well, he could pull his salary and there would be no questions about what he was doing as it was in the books? I surely can't show that he actually drew a salary.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So... you are certain he pulled his salary or did he include the $250,000 in the books so that once things are going well, he could pull his salary and there would be no questions about what he was doing as it was in the books? I surely can't show that he actually drew a salary.
They would have had to show it in the SEC filings. The SEC is the only info you can trust. Elio Motors wrote it and signed off on it. Anything false in the document could result in criminal charges. The 140 million debt is real, and the big question is where the money has gone?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They would have had to show it in the SEC filings. The SEC is the only info you can trust. Elio Motors wrote it and signed off on it. Anything false in the document could result in criminal charges. The 140 million debt is real, and the big question is where the money has gone?
I didn't mean it was false just that the payment of salary was deferred... But, I don't know that it was or not.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't mean it was false just that the payment of salary was deferred... But, I don't know that it was or not.
I know that you didn't mean it was false. My rant was for the disbelievers of the SEC report. Paul Elio created Elio Motors and I believe he also created its downfall by bleeding out the cash. I wanted to invest in Elio Motors, I thought that he would cede control. He didn't and now I think that it is too late.

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We need to have faith.

I don't think faith will cut it anymore, I just googled "Elio" and there are lots of articles about them (much of it the same information reposted on other sites) but the bottom line is none of the articles are good, or to be more direct: none of them are good news.

Paul wants to meet with the Caddo commission, Louisiana MVC postponed going after them for licensing violations, Elio financial future does not look good...etc. etc.

All negative publicity, which will only drive the stock down more, scare aware other investors, and most likely guarantee nobody is going to back the $375 (or is it more now?) million they need to start up the assembly line.

At least Tucker was able to build 51 cars before they got shut down; maybe Paul needs to roll up his sleeves and work up a little sweat himself...

Top Bottom