• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio Wishes Folks Would Look On The Bright Side

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think faith will cut it anymore, I just googled "Elio" and there are lots of articles about them (much of it the same information reposted on other sites) but the bottom line is none of the articles are good, or to be more direct: none of them are good news.

Paul wants to meet with the Caddo commission, Louisiana MVC postponed going after them for licensing violations, Elio financial future does not look good...etc. etc.

All negative publicity, which will only drive the stock down more, scare aware other investors, and most likely guarantee nobody is going to back the $375 (or is it more now?) million they need to start up the assembly line.

At least Tucker was able to build 51 cars before they got shut down; maybe Paul needs to roll up his sleeves and work up a little sweat himself...
Elio stock was up today.

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What would a post bankrupt Elio Motors look like? In other words, I assume if bankruptcy is declared, I assume that would remove all existing debt, reservation commitments, etc. depending on what a judge allows and does with the assets.? I know it would all depend on how the assets must be used to settle debt, but would someone be able to take the intellectual property and perhaps the prototypes if they survive and offer a new offering?

As someone said in a past post, the EM business model was probably bad in trying to produce a very inexpensive vehicle yet needing to sell in volume which is just the opposite of other trike producers. I would have paid $10 - 12$ and settled for a much lower production rate

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Movement!! There is starting to be movement! Somethings going to happen! Possibly soon!
Keep the faith. Thousand points of light. Always darkest just before the storm. I mean the light.
MK
Always darkest before the damn I mean dawn...I love the positive news today...Non disclosure agreements pretty standard practice per SEC... hopefully great news that possibly leaks out. Paul Elio obviously wants to speak to Caddo Parish but within SEC requirements. Also, I expect that after a month or more, Secretary Perry will have a report on the loan program & Elio soon. I can't imagine that any VC or angel investor wants to supercede the ATVM program. The entire Reg A+ program could be affected if the poster startup ELIO doesn't SUCCEED BIG like IT WILL ! Thursday & Friday look to be MONUMENTAL days.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What would a post bankrupt Elio Motors look like? In other words, I assume if bankruptcy is declared, I assume that would remove all existing debt, reservation commitments, etc. depending on what a judge allows and does with the assets.? I know it would all depend on how the assets must be used to settle debt, but would someone be able to take the intellectual property and perhaps the prototypes if they survive and offer a new offering?

As someone said in a past post, the EM business model was probably bad in trying to produce a very inexpensive vehicle yet needing to sell in volume which is just the opposite of other trike producers. I would have paid $10 - 12$ and settled for a much lower production rate
Sorry, no can do! If bankruptcy is eminent, all iterations of the ELIO prototypes will be DESTROYED and no plans/files will be kept so it can't be copied by others. But like Paul said, look at the bright side...at least you've got a T-shirt and a bumper sticker for the endless waiting, that should amount to something, ain't it? :D:D I'm only kidding.

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, no can do! If bankruptcy is eminent, all iterations of the ELIO prototypes will DESTROYED and no plans/files will be kept so it can't be copied by others. But like Paul said, look at the bright side...at least you've got a T-shirt and a bumper sticker for the endless waiting, that should amount to something, ain't it? :D:D I'm only kidding.
Not going to happen that way... cannot use normal accounting metrics with a startup such as an Elio or XTI for that matter. Think more along the lines of what Apple is or Keurig was...And ELIO will be!!!

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul wants to meet with the Caddo commission, Louisiana MVC postponed going after them for licensing violations, Elio financial future does not look good...etc. etc.
Paul wants a closed meeting and wants the commissioners to sign NDAs.
What do you bet that he wants the privacy because he wants to ask them for a loan? :becky:

I mean honestly, EM is not beholding to the IDB or Caddo Parish at all. So why talk to them?
Other than trying to get them to quit bad-mouthing EM. Talking to them behind closed doors...
is going to create worse press and speculation than letting them continue to stew and rant.

Sometimes all I can do is just shake my head. Think: Gypsies in the Palace by Jimmy Buffett

Last edited:

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Sorry, no can do! If bankruptcy is eminent, all iterations of the ELIO prototypes will be DESTROYED and no plans/files will be kept so it can't be copied by others. But like Paul said, look at the bright side...at least you've got a T-shirt and a bumper sticker for the endless waiting, that should amount to something, ain't it? :D:D I'm only kidding.
I am sorry, but I do not understand. When the assets in a bankruptcy are liquidated and/or sold or divided up, why would anything of potential value be destroyed if not offered on the auction block (to settle debt) that might even contribute to a new business endeavor to produce the vehicle? Would not someone (perhaps a newly funded Paul Elio with a new business plan) possibly pick up the peaces and make a success out of it?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know that you didn't mean it was false. My rant was for the disbelievers of the SEC report. Paul Elio created Elio Motors and I believe he also created its downfall by bleeding out the cash. I wanted to invest in Elio Motors, I thought that he would cede control. He didn't and now I think that it is too late.
It is possible that someone or some company has already made an offer that Paul is sitting on. Paul could (and should) exhaust every option before he sells out. We don't know what the timeline is on accepting an offer is nor do we know when Paul would have to cease all operations. What we CAN do is guess and that tends to do no good. The SEC filing only states the current state of things but doesn't indicate any future actions.

Top Bottom