• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have somewhat similar concern. I live in the cluster of states that have no pep boy at all. Looks like the nearest one is 6+ hours away. I sure hope others service providers get on board.

6 hours @ 70 mph = 420 miles, you'd still have 3 gallons of gas left in the tank! ;)
Just kidding. I can see your concerns if you don't feel comfortable poking around under the hood. Myself? Other than getting new tires, NOBODY touches my vehicles.

Michaelx

Elio Fan
Reaction score
6 hours @ 70 mph = 420 miles, you'd still have 3 gallons of gas left in the tank! ;)
Just kidding. I can see your concerns if you don't feel comfortable poking around under the hood. Myself? Other than getting new tires, NOBODY touches my vehicles.
I understand your desire to keep it personal and I feel the same. However, a warranty issue where the vehicle is disabled would be a real PITA. Trailering the Elio 6 hours and missing who knows how much work would be the other problem.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have somewhat similar concern. I live in the cluster of states that have no pep boy at all. Looks like the nearest one is 6+ hours away. I sure hope others service providers get on board.
Many service providers will have the skills and happily service the simplified Elio. I'm not concerned about them jumping on board providing Elio certifies them to do warranty work.

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who NEEDS Pep Boys???

If a Pep Boys is not located near you, you are encouraged to use your local, trusted mechanic or auto shop. Do not get hung up on Pep Boys. They are just the start, to get some sort of network established. There will be others. Midas is a very large chain, so I expect Elio to be contracting with them also. No Elio owner will be out in the cold, that is unless you are in the far north, in which case I can not help you, except to invite you to winter here in southern California.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand your desire to keep it personal and I feel the same. However, a warranty issue where the vehicle is disabled would be a real PITA. Trailering the Elio 6 hours and missing who knows how much work would be the other problem.
I really really like my mechanic. But he's a little reluctant to work on the Elio. But that's just cause he likes predictability and he doesn't know anything about the Elio mechanically yet. I think he'll love it eventually, given it's motto about simple design, it will also be very simple and predictable to work on.

ArthurKent

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I decided to buy some Pep Boys stock and it actually has done OK lately, although there has been no
broker notice of the connection to Elio. As an auxillary service provider, I would recommend Firestone Auto,based
on my experience here in South Carolina.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I really really like my mechanic. But he's a little reluctant to work on the Elio. But that's just cause he likes predictability and he doesn't know anything about the Elio mechanically yet. I think he'll love it eventually, given it's motto about simple design, it will also be very simple and predictable to work on.

Once he sees the engine bay he will feel right at home as it is just like any other front wheel drive vehicle in there just a little narrower.

Top Bottom