• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Polar Vortex

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last time we got the "polar vortex" at our place, this appeared overnight:
IMG_0068-1.jpg

There's my BMW and my wife's Citroen MPV in there somewhere.

It's looking a bit worrying, the same sort of weather pattern (easterly winds, off the North Sea) with low pressure to the west of UK, is becoming more common. If the wind stays westerly, we're usually protected from heavy snow by the Pennine Hills.
Wheaters that looks like a normal Minnesota landscape after a typical storm. That's why I moved to Colorado 30 years ago! Here we get something like that every 5 years or so and usually in March our snowiest month!

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wheaters that looks like a normal Minnesota landscape after a typical storm. That's why I moved to Colorado 30 years ago! Here we get something like that every 5 years or so and usually in March our snowiest month!

There's no telling what weather we get here. It seems to vary from year to year with not much to call "typical". We are literally at the mercy of the wind direction. When the weather is good and dry, especially in the spring, there's no other place in the world I'd rather be than in England. When it's bad, it's miserable and most people would want to be elsewhere. We had the driest September on record. October made up for it. November looks like being cold, wet and miserable. Just fetched my daughter back from a dinner event (just before midnight) and it's very foggy out in the sticks.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Weather here has turned as well. It was in the low 70's and sunny yesterday and today it has dropped all the way into the mid 60's. Guess I will have to put on long pants and a long sleeved shirt before I go out and pick more tomatoes from my garden,......LOL

Just walked the dogs, shorts and tee shirt.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
as noted in the opening post, we are in our camper in central NC .... during our morning walk we were a bit surprised to see the number of folks who hadn't taken common precautions .... they were working on trying to break the ice in both their water and sewer lines .... the sound of propane furnaces indicated some aren't able to heat their rigs with electric heaters .... its days like this that having a comfortable place to sit and satellite TV really comes in handy ..:).. we have another cold night on tap for tonight and a second blast due to be here by Tuesday

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
as noted in the opening post, we are in our camper in central NC .... during our morning walk we were a bit surprised to see the number of folks who hadn't taken common precautions .... they were working on trying to break the ice in both their water and sewer lines .... the sound of propane furnaces indicated some aren't able to heat their rigs with electric heaters .... its days like this that having a comfortable place to sit and satellite TV really comes in handy ..:).. we have another cold night on tap for tonight and a second blast due to be here by Tuesday
A little heat tape on those water lines never hurts either.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A little heat tape on those water lines never hurts either.

if we were setup somewhere for a long term stay, we'd probably go with pipe insulation and heat tape .... for us it is easier to fill the camper's fresh water tank, put the hoses away and turn on the pump ....

Jim

Top Bottom