• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Potholes

mrmeeks

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm certain some of us will hit some of the pot holes initially but as time goes by and the more we drive our Elio the easier it will be to gauge how to steer around them and avoid them.
I agree. Will probably need to steer around them rather than straddle them. Another reason to leave plenty of space between vehicles.

ramy

Reaction score
driving in the city we got nothing but potholes on the road and one of the tactics to avoid falling into one is to center it between the wheels which is obviously not going to work on Elio, I hope they have a heavy duty suspension in the back. Anyone knows what kind of suspension would be in it?

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speedbumps would be a pain also, currently I can ride one set of wheels down between the center, and only the passenger set gets 'bumped' but these will have to be hit head on. There's also alot less space to 'bridge' and animal, only the distance between the front tire and the rear, which appears to be about 2 feet or so. The P9 version should take care of that with the HOVER option....
photo(21).JPG

NaNoMaN06

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm also curious. On my previous cobalt I had several hundreds of dollars of suspension work per year between parts and alignments. I also worry about how the exposed parts will hold up in a place like buffalo ny.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
driving in the city we got nothing but potholes on the road and one of the tactics to avoid falling into one is to center it between the wheels which is obviously not going to work on Elio, I hope they have a heavy duty suspension in the back. Anyone knows what kind of suspension would be in it?
Ramy, welcome to the forum and for your comment. Here you will find the latest information about the development and production of our Elio's. Hope you will use the forum search function to answer many of your questions and if you can't find the answer be sure to ask. There are plenty of helpful friendly members with diverse expertise who will be glad to help Welcome and enjoy this historical personal transportation journey.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm also curious. On my previous cobalt I had several hundreds of dollars of suspension work per year between parts and alignments. I also worry about how the exposed parts will hold up in a place like buffalo ny.
All suspension parts are basically uncovered as they get all the fun of shedding ice and road salt. Looking at my truck, I can see all the suspension pieces. I guess they are kind of out of direct wind where the shocks may be a little more exposed on the Elio but I don't think it will make much of a difference there.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hi ramy, welcome to the forum. I found it best to use the search to learn about the car and to keep from double posting when I first started. Just search potholes at the top. I think you will find all most 30 post on the subjects. Don't forget to get on the map and If your Military, please stop in and introduce yourself.:)

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/observing-potholes.969/

Top Bottom