• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Prepped And Ready For E-series Assembly

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or just use one of these; it's enough to get you to the shop (and if you're like everyone else that had one of these, first home, then the grocery store, and back home, and to work the next morning, and home because you don't have the money for a new tire, or the time; and repeat these steps until the spare fails).

I HAVE SEEN AN OVERCROWDED CAR OF PEOPLE FLYING DOWN I-95 WITH FOUR DOUGHNUT SPARES
ON THE GROUND TRYING TO SEE IF THEY COULD DOUBLE THE 45mph SPEED RATING ON THE TIRES !

LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE FROM SOUTH OF THE BORDER BUT I WON'T SAY WHICH ONE .

POSITIVELY SCARY .

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the process of re-painting my motorcycle. The first time I used Duplicolor paint shop white( spray can paint in a quart can just pore it in the gun and spray) then red and blue metalcast in spray cans for the stripes. Then I removed all the panels and took them to a shop and had them clear coated with good clear. It looked good and has held up very well. I thought the red and blue would fade, but they have not! I guess the good clear is blocking the UV rays.
This time around I'm just using spray can paint. It will be all black satin finish.View attachment 10457 View attachment 10458
finished it this weekend! Look for the man in the headlight
right.jpg
left.jpg
man.jpg

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or just use one of these; it's enough to get you to the shop (and if you're like everyone else that had one of these, first home, then the grocery store, and back home, and to work the next morning, and home because you don't have the money for a new tire, or the time; and repeat these steps until the spare fails).

View attachment 10476
I could be wrong, but, seems the front tires are the same size as space-savers but made into a "real" tire.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ho-229.JPG
ho229-2.jpg
images.png
Stelth is what I was thinking while workin on it. Then that got me to wondering, does Germany have a stelth fighter, or bomber? Google to the rescue, they do have a fighter, looks like a f117, and it's grey, and angular. That won't do. But, in 1944 they did build a bomber, flying wing. BMW, even built the jet engines. The horten 229. I'm thing in about makin some stickers "HORTEN 229" with old lookin German font.
I also thought about just using the symbol for recycling. Most of the bike is from several other bikes
I'll try to add photos tomorrow

Last edited:

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like it. Looks "Stealthy" .... :spy:

And I'm going to hold opinion on the wheels.
I think if more of the wheel was visible the red would work a little better; but just seeing that couple of inches of the ends of the spokes, wellll... :confused2:

What's the Yellow bike in the background?
Oh! the wheels. I thought about plastic dipping them, but too many nooks and crannies, and the red is not bad.
Yes, I painted the tread. That was when they were on a yellow bike.
m1.jpg
m.jpg

gsphoenix.JPG

Top Bottom