• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Prottype Design

Joseph Plasse

Reaction score
Does anyone one else thing the new prototype is a step backwards for the company. Those god awful wheel covers make it look like a piece of junk. The open fenders on the previous design made it look very sporty. And yes let's mention the relocation of the headlights, horrible!!!

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The vast majority of comments have been very favorable on the P-4! It""s only the nut cakes that want to make a hot rod with ""COOL"" rims out of the ELIO that find fault---enough already!!

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If ""cool"" heads do not speak up . the ELIO folks will think the only market out here, is comprised of the nut cakes! No my opinion is not the only one that is valid, but do not be afraid of some logical alternate opinion grounded in reality !

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So because you're now older, cool is not for you anymore, right? Didn't you think cool when you're younger riding your motorbike? Now if you don't admit to that, you're a liar! Enough of your nut case comments and let others have their fun because in the end, you're not the only one deciding the outcome of this "fun" car but Elio Motors and the rest of us!

matt rebmann

Elio Fan
Reaction score
So because you're now older, cool is not for you anymore, right? Didn't you think cool when you're younger riding your motorbike? Now if you don't admit to that, you're a liar! Enough of your nut case comments and let others have their fun because in the end, you're not the only one deciding the outcome of this "fun" car but Elio Motors and the rest of us!

matt rebmann

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I buy autos that are unique not cool and I have never bought a vehicle because of gas mileage. The price of fuel is irrelevant to me. I have a motor coach with a 500 hp Cat diesel and it get four miles a gallon. the black skirting the elio detracts from its appearance.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure the skirts will either be color matched, or color matching will be an option. They're hideous, but keep production costs down. Hiding the front wheels allows them to use cheapo steel rims and smaller tires, also keeping production costs down.
Hopefully they'll offer an option for the P3 wheels/fenders.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The wheel is 15 inches, period, and yes if I were manufacturing the Elio, I would use steel wheels since they are hidden under Spatz as a logical money saving move.. Then let you nut cakes , at your expense, change to what ever cool rims ($) your heart desires . And you are correct, when younger, it was dual Smittys (mufflers for those too young to remember,), manifold run Wolf Whistle""s , white wall tires, spot lights, necking knobs on steering wheel, Etc, Etc., so we were a bit nuts also!! RB

Top Bottom