• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Prottype Design

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The wheel is 15 inches, period, and yes if I were manufacturing the Elio, I would use steel wheels since they are hidden under Spatz as a logical money saving move.. Then let you nut cakes , at your expense, change to what ever cool rims ($) your heart desires . And you are correct, when younger, it was dual Smittys (mufflers for those too young to remember,), manifold run Wolf Whistle""s , white wall tires, spot lights, necking knobs on steering wheel, Etc, Etc., so we were a bit nuts also!! RB
You can be a nut cakes without knowing it when you get to your age! Seriously speaking, I know where you're coming from. I myself wants this vehicle bad enough that I'll take what ever final design they come up with as long as they bring it to production soon so keep your fingers crossed that deliver on their promise! Aside from 84 mpg, their biggest selling point is the low price tag of $6,800. so I don't see them calling for a press conference saying they're wrong about their cost projection and now the price has changed!

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The wheel is 15 inches, period, and yes if I were manufacturing the Elio, I would use steel wheels since they are hidden under Spatz as a logical money saving move.. Then let you nut cakes , at your expense, change to what ever cool rims ($) your heart desires . And you are correct, when younger, it was dual Smittys (mufflers for those too young to remember,), manifold run Wolf Whistle""s , white wall tires, spot lights, necking knobs on steering wheel, Etc, Etc., so we were a bit nuts also!! RB
NRB...... You have Commented on a few of my post 2, we all have different taste. Elio wants to succeed. There will be OPTIONS so relax. when you start using a broad brush to paint a large number of people a certain way you are invariably going to Piss someone off. Elio Bears part of the responsibility for this because they paraded around the P 3 like that was going to be it. I just got my shirt in...... It had a P3 Bumper sticker in it. I'm one of the people you are calling a nut cake and as you have seen from my previous post. I believe that an open exchange of ideas only benefits us all. They could end up with 2 models The P 4 and the P 3 not the first model year but in a couple of years. Been through the Ford plant twice in my Life in Michigan once when I was a Kid and Once in the last couple years. I can't remember what I saw as a kid but the last time there, I saw the F150 line they had everything from a basic Pick Up to a Lariat on the same line. Went to the Honda Goldwing plant in Marysville Ohio and the Corvette Plant in Bowling Green KY, Different Models same line. We will all get there Together. Double D in Ohio.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can be a nut cakes without knowing it when you get to your age! Seriously speaking, I know where you're coming from. I myself wants this vehicle bad enough that I'll take what ever final design they come up with as long as they bring it to production soon so keep your fingers crossed that deliver on their promise! Aside from 84 mpg, their biggest selling point is the low price tag of $6,800. so I don't see them calling for a press conference saying they're wrong about their cost projection and now the price has changed!
Jet Pack.....We agree again. Double D.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score

15" wheels are NOT all the same size. There is more than just the diameter to consider when comparing wheel size. The P3 had a wider 15" front wheel/tire combo than the P4.

dteke

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Why show off a sporty looking P3 and then replace it with an obviously less attractive P4 unless it's to cut cost. If thats the case I'm ok with it. I will remove those Ugly wheel covers asap. I don't see a way to monitor your tires without removing them thus causing a potential safety issue anyway.
DT.

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I actually talked to one of the lead designers and he said the 15" wheels were not the best choice for handling...dang if I can remember what size he said was better though.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I actually talked to one of the lead designers and he said the 15" wheels were not the best choice for handling...dang if I can remember what size he said was better though.

A larger diameter, wider wheel, prob 17x8 with low profile tires will yield better handling (a very relative term), but ride comfort will suffer. I'll be happy with the 15" wheels - 'cause they're cheap to replace. It's not designed to be a handling machine, and I'm sure will not fail to disappoint if that's what you're looking for. There's no such thing as a front wheel drive car that truly handles well. FWD cars should have been the Frankenstein of autos - the townspeople should have raised torches and pitchforks against them. LOL

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see Elio give four prototypes to four of the best hotrod designer/builders...perhaps Chip Foose and Troy Trapani among others, and let the hotrod guys have their way with them. Put the show on TV so the Elio gets real national exposure and give the designers one simple rule...whatever fuel mileage their Elio gets in the beginning, they have to match or improve upon after their modifications. I may not be big time like those guys, but I'll throw my name in the hat to do one of the cars.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see Elio give four prototypes to four of the best hotrod designer/builders...perhaps Chip Foose and Troy Trapani among others, and let the hotrod guys have their way with them. Put the show on TV so the Elio gets real national exposure and give the designers one simple rule...whatever fuel mileage their Elio gets in the beginning, they have to match or improve upon after their modifications. I may not be big time like those guys, but I'll throw my name in the hat to do one of the cars.
That'll be a stretch on the imagination but I like it! These guys are all about increasing horsepower. That said, they're stuck with a little 3 cylinder engine. All they can do is further streamline the body which is what Elio Motors are doing already. Now on the flipside, you put these guys to make it a hotrod and they will squeeze a turbo charged and intercooled 4 cylinder engine in that tiny space, wide tires and these suckers will run like rally cars!

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the first thing they would do is get rid of the coil over shocks and move them inboard like an Indy car.

Top Bottom