• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Put A Fork In It. Elio Is Most Likely Toast.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Coss is right that we're all outside looking in, just guessing and speculating....but time is not on EM's side, at least I can say that much that eventually PE has to GIVE UP, or GIVE IN. It's a mathematical certainty, no money, running on the red, eventually somebody has to put a stop to it. And so what if PE is giving up some if not MOST control of the company, the ELIO badge will most likely stay, his legacy in tact that his dream will be REALIZED and that's really something than go bust. 50% control means PE is still on the board and have a say on anything the other 50% might suggest. JMHO.
I said the same thing over two years ago and have said it occasionally ever since...

If it's the dream that's most important to Paul (as it's made out to be) and not the potential hundreds of millions...

Then he'll make the dream happen at almost any cost to himself. If not, then he's not who he seems.
It's common for a business owner to sell the control of their business simply to see the business survive.
Most of the sales include tidy little sums for the selling owners and guaranteed "advisor" salaries in the terms.

A couple of million plus a little stock and $250,000/YR for ten years is better than having nothing but world-wide notoriety.

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I figured out why I tire of the naysayers; I'm not that negative of a person. It just sounds to me that the naysayers are trying to convince people to be naysayers too; "we don't believe it going to happen, so you should too"

Guess what, I'm not changing my mind until I see it happening. I went in believing it will happen, and the only thing that will change that belief is seeing it close and an announcement that the game is over.

So stop trying to get me to change my mind, that is not going to happen.

I fell a lot better now, I just had to get that off my chest.:thumb:

I'm with Coss on this.
When I made my decision to go all in I looked at all the available information.
I'm not going to change my mind.
Not even if someone tells me about windshield wipers for two years.
Please stop trying to annoy me.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm with Coss on this.
When I made my decision to go all in I looked at all the available information.
I'm not going to change my mind.
Not even if someone tells me about windshield wipers for two years.
Please stop trying to annoy me.
Man went to the doctor.
He said, "Doc it hurts when I read this."
Doctor said, "don't read it." ;)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Man went to the doctor.
He said, "Doc it hurts when I read this."
Doctor said, "don't read it." ;)
Not quite the same thing. The naysayers I'm talking about are the ones that are just completely negative with everything they say about the Elio.
Ok, I heard your side; you're not going to talk me out of what I believe, and I feel you are trying to bait me into changing your mind by constantly repeating that it will never happen. That's the naysayers I'm talking about; the ones that don't have anything positive in anything they preach. I guess to them it's positive that it will fail; so if that's the case, why do you feel that you have to convince everyone else around you?
Not the people on the fence, or that can't make up their minds what will happen.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I bought Apple 20 years ago, the last that I bought was at $7.00 a share. All my friends told me that I was crazy. When Steve was fired, they all told me to sell, but I didn't. I only sold when I had something that I wanted to buy, a summer home, a motor home, or a new car. If I had all the stock with all the splits. I would be a millionaire. I guess what I am saying is to hang in there and don't listen to those who think that they know it all.For those who have been with Elio from the start, I feel your pain. Just stay positive a little longer.

Bookly

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I think I figured out why I tire of the naysayers; I'm not that negative of a person. It just sounds to me that the naysayers are trying to convince people to be naysayers too; "we don't believe it going to happen, so you should too"

Guess what, I'm not changing my mind until I see it happening. I went in believing it will happen, and the only thing that will change that belief is seeing it close and an announcement that the game is over.
That is really OK. It is an impressive testimony to the work that Paul Elio has done, that there are so many fervent supporters in the face of adversity. You support Elio like a sports fan. Elio is your team. It is awesome that Elio has this level of support from so many.

But having a balanced discussion isn't trying to talk you into anything. It's having a balanced discussion. I see the Elio as a really cool vehicle that can have a real place in the automotive world. It looks damned fun. I'd love to see it happen. But I don't have an unquestioning fervor for it. There are serious challenges for Elio, and discussing them isn't "naysaying" - it's just real. Recent financials are alarming. After reading everything, I wish Elio was trying to launch a smaller company - it would have a much smaller barrier to funding. But it wouldn't have a $7,300 price tag, which is likely why PE has pursued his "big little company" vision for so long.
To fund this a VC has to believe in the proposed 200,000 to 250,000 vehicle run rate (check annual numbers on existing small cars - none do anything like that). I don't question Mr. Elio's salary at all - that guy is earning it. But no real operational prototype (drives at highway speeds, gets 80 mpg now)... that is really hard to grasp after so many years.

There is so much that is positive about this story. But there are serious questions too. It seems reasonable to discuss.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought Apple 20 years ago, the last that I bought was at $7.00 a share. All my friends told me that I was crazy. When Steve was fired, they all told me to sell, but I didn't. I only sold when I had something that I wanted to buy, a summer home, a motor home, or a new car. If I had all the stock with all the splits. I would be a millionaire. I guess what I am saying is to hang in there and don't listen to those who think that they know it all.For those who have been with Elio from the start, I feel your pain. Just stay positive a little longer.
Oh I have no problem staying positive, I just tire of those that feel it's necessary to present the negative day after day after day.

Why? Why do you have to repeat "it's never going to happen" are you afraid it will happen? I just don't get it, sorry, it's just the way I feel about it.
Unless I was trying to talk someone out of something would be the only reason I would ever do anything like that.
But if you tell them they're not going to talk you out of it, they deny they were trying to. So what are you trying to do? To me it sounds more like they're trying to convince themselves.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it unusual for there to be no events scheduled? Is this a sign of nearing the magical 65K , or feeling a thin wallet in the back pocket ?
" There are no upcoming events "

Last edited:
Top Bottom