• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Put A Fork In It. Elio Is Most Likely Toast.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While "why are you here" is unwarranted... I'd make the case that saying Paul Elio would be on American Greed is unwarranted too. This car company may not launch, but I just can't see Elio's role as "greed". The guy has clearly busted butt for years on this. His vision and sales ability made it a possibility at all. I grant you there are odd decisions (lets build our own motor is daft), but I can't see any bad decisions were made out of greed. They were just bad decisions - they didn't further enrich Mr. Elio - actually the opposite.

Would you pay him $500 for it?
No. I see your point there though. Really, I wouldn't want it for free either. I know... sounds odd but it wouldn't be like I'm saving $1,000 on a car. I already have a reservation. What would really be happening is I'd be spending $6,000 on a car I don't need in the hopes I could sell it for more than that. It'd be a hassle for me and I'm not interested in the few dollars profit that would bring. I'd take a free reservation and gift it to someone else though.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No. I see your point there though. Really, I wouldn't want it for free either. I know... sounds odd but it wouldn't be like I'm saving $1,000 on a car. I already have a reservation. What would really be happening is I'd be spending $6,000 on a car I don't need in the hopes I could sell it for more than that. It'd be a hassle for me and I'm not interested in the few dollars profit that would bring. I'd take a free reservation and gift it to someone else though.

Heck yeah, I would take it. My plan was to skip the first year anyway since 1) I usually stay away from the first model year and 2) I wanted the turbo (which may be a kit later on). But if a free reservation fell in my lap I would be on board with committing to buy earlier.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that person did NOT put a fork in toast. He may remove a fork from toast but I'd be he put a fork in bread which became toast.

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What's the saying?... It ain't over until...

images

xartevad

Reaction score
Im an ALL IN guy, and to be honest, I'm willing to be ALL IN even more. This won't be the first time someone will call me a fool. I have a wife ya know! She calls me all kinds of stuff! So go ahead and say what you will. There are supposedly over 23,000 ALL IN folks out there. If Paul Elio needs another 1000 from me towards my Licorice Lightning 3 wheeler, I'd put it in the pot IMMEDIATELY. I have a feeling that most of those 23,000 would consider it as well. A 23 million influx of cash could help keep things rolling until the big money shows its face. My ex-wife got me for a lot more than 2 grand. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom