• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Questions Anwered Directly By Elio (no Speculation Or Extrapolation, Please)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
When speaking with Jerome in Chandler earlier I asked when testing would begin.
(Testing, meaning car(s) with IAV motor, production Trans., etc. aka P5) He said
"4th Quarter this year., i.e. Oct. - Dec. this will presage the factory hiring & setup.
View attachment 1803
That jives with the information I got from talking with Mr. Thomas at Technosports Creative. They are scheduled to begin the next production of vehicles in late August, early September. That should also be about the time the engine is ready.

I have also been hearing the very same timeline. Getting the P5 complete and moving quickly into the building and testing the E builds beginning late this year would really give a lot of people better confidence in this entire project. It will also make it much easier for them to raise money as it is much easier to sell investors on a fully engineered and tested vehicle.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have also been hearing the very same timeline. Getting the P5 complete and moving quickly into the building and testing the E builds beginning late this year would really give a lot of people better confidence in this entire project. It will also make it much easier for them to raise money as it is much easier to sell investors on a fully engineered and tested vehicle.

Not to mention "Cafe Credits"......... :)
Jun 6, 2014 #64

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to mention "Cafe Credits"......... :)

If EM is able to make the CAFE credit idea happen it would be a game changer! This would actually encourage EM to sell these vehicles as inexpensively as possible to ensure they sell as many vehicles as they can to generate more credit sales. The profit per vehicle in CAFE credits is actually bigger than the profit built into each base model Elio sold. If EM can get the CAFE credit rules changed they will have no problems finding funding for production.

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If EM is able to make the CAFE credit idea happen it would be a game changer! This would actually encourage EM to sell these vehicles as inexpensively as possible to ensure they sell as many vehicles as they can to generate more credit sales. The profit per vehicle in CAFE credits is actually bigger than the profit built into each base model Elio sold. If EM can get the CAFE credit rules changed they will have no problems finding funding for production.

Amen. :)

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Calculation[edit]
Fleet fuel economy is calculated using a harmonic mean, not a simple arithmetic mean (average) [5] – namely, the reciprocal of the average of the reciprocal values. For a fleet composed of four different kinds of vehicle A, B, C and D, produced in numbers nA, nB, nC and nD, with fuel economies fA, fB, fC and fD, the CAFE would be:
c687569fed043cbfe5c24fff2e18f01c.png

For example, a fleet of 4 vehicles getting 15, 13, 17, and 100 mpg has a CAFE of slightly less than 19 mpg:
2dab63c83708e3f64d21f0f0c8cec3ad.png

While the arithmetic mean fuel economy of the fleet is just over 36 mpg:
587b0cfc557659b926a4110b1b47e8f8.png

So with one vehicle at 84 mpg the Elio fleet will average 84 mpg.
84/1=84:D

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So with one vehicle at 84 mpg the Elio fleet will average 84 mpg.
84/1=84:D
Oh that reminds me that Hummer and other missed their opportunity. They should have offered an Elio (of that type) with each purchase of any full sized van or truck. It would have raised their product fleet MPG by 250%

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I believe that issues such as the missed production dates and controversy surrounding other inevitable changes along the way have left them a bit gun shy about releasing detailed information too early. Of course the downside to this is that we now do not get to hear about as many details because people complain too much when changes occur which we all just need to realize is going to happen with such a complex project.

This has even become an issue for the vehicle tour as they are waiting up until nearly the last minute to release details about the exact locations and whether the P3 or P4 will be there as things can change quickly for them depending on media and other types of requests they receive.

Hopefully all this will be resolved later this year when they should be further along in the development process and have more vehicles available.
All great points...and it shows what a truly fine line they must tread to be able to design, build, market and produce this vehicle!
I think this is an initial "wave" per say to the calming finale design and production of the test drive and crash test cars. You can only imagine the relief on their part once things move over this mountain of the process!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: It will also make it much easier for them to raise money as it is much easier to sell investors on a fully engineered and tested vehicle.

Jerome on Larsen:
[Broken External Image]Elio Motors @ElioMotors · 2h
VP of Sales @JeromeVassallo tells you everything you need to know about #Elio on the @LarsLarsonShow. Listen here: https://soundcloud.com/thelarslarsonshow/jerome-vassallo-tells-you-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-elio…
https://twitter.com/ElioMotors

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom