• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Questions Anwered Directly By Elio (no Speculation Or Extrapolation, Please)

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0YKXRUqiBZCHsNegC56P6WbDcAwduVd4n-zHC96nuZustPxRp9Q.jpg

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If EM is able to make the CAFE credit idea happen it would be a game changer! This would actually encourage EM to sell these vehicles as inexpensively as possible to ensure they sell as many vehicles as they can to generate more credit sales. The profit per vehicle in CAFE credits is actually bigger than the profit built into each base model Elio sold. If EM can get the CAFE credit rules changed they will have no problems finding funding for production.

The "Cafe Credit" aspect supports the low price point for-sure. Further proof of steady, conscious planning................. :)

Wheelthang

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I could get rid of this nervous twitch I've recently developed....like twenty minutes ago. Just seems to me there's a long ways between where we are now,(where? $23M?) and where we need to be, $200M (earlier, $250M) with time visibly slowing down.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wish I could get rid of this nervous twitch I've recently developed....like twenty minutes ago. Just seems to me there's a long ways between where we are now,(where? $23M?) and where we need to be, $200M (earlier, $250M) with time visibly slowing down.

I get the nervousness, but the big money is positioned already. It is predicated on
the Elio Team meeting certain contracted thresholds. Not the least of which is a
proven ability to produce. For each Elio produced a "Credit" of $2,400(?) is
available to Elio + $1,000.00 build profit p/unit = $3,400 profit p/unit & that
doesn't include options. Multiply that by 40k first year, 60k @ 18 months &
250k @ full production & you have serious money & serious "Credits (84mpg's)
for the big three to fight over, as every Elio credit they add to their fleet formula
lowers their mpg requirements & they sell more trucks & SUV's.........Better than
ice cream.....almost. :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And some people are afraid of the dark. We have to learn how to control our fears and not let them control our lives. Life is too short to always be afraid.

Wheelthang

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the nervousness, but the big money is positioned already. It is predicated on
the Elio Team meeting certain contracted thresholds. Not the least of which is a
proven ability to produce. For each Elio produced a "Credit" of $2,400(?) is
available to Elio + $1,000.00 build profit p/unit = $3,400 profit p/unit & that
doesn't include options. Multiply that by 40k first year, 60k @ 18 months &
250k @ full production & you have serious money & serious "Credits (84mpg's)
for the big three to fight over, as every Elio credit they add to their fleet formula
lowers their mpg requirements & they sell more trucks & SUV's.........Better than
ice cream.....almost. :)
Countin' eggs before they hatch, aren't we? I'm talking countin' eggs even before the hen reaches the nest....that's where we are right now, right?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dean Minzner: It seems to me that transmission details should be available by now. After all, you expected to be producing cars by now.
Elio's response:
Elio Motors: It's an off the shelf transmission Dean. :)
Dean MinznerWho makes them? What model designation? What other cars are they used in?
No response at this time was posted.

Well EM is very consistent that they don't like to identify the actual part numbers and especially other vehicle makes with that part. I think I can condone that, they just don't need the flood of questions and observations that would come from looking at other cars using those parts. And too, they don't want to have to say or respond to anything containing other trademarks. It's a legal consideration. This allows them to not be distracted and not have to put too much money in their legal budget.

How Dean responded and how Jerome responds in the past is very consistent. I think they had their PR game plan very well thought out long before I interviewed EM in Glendale AZ.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of things that affect public/Investor acceptance... Many people ask about the roll-over safety, but the handling in a slalom is the better question to ask IMHO. However, either detailed measurements or personal observation are about the only way you can get a good answer. Rollover can atleast be stated as a static single number, the angle at rest. Which tells you nothing about the sway-system, spring rate, tire compliance, under-over steering, etc.
Having said that this video shows about the closest to a solid response to the handling question I've found, look at about 1:20 into it and you see several segments that apply. I noticed that the simulation looked almost exactly like the real driving through the cone forest.
I've seen plenty of other video, including the Aptera at the Automotive XPrize, of reverse trikes in dynamic situations. Compared to almost all of them the Elio looks very solid. I am SO looking forward to trying it myself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFAb_iEK2Pk

Top Bottom