• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Radio Questions/audio Questions

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the key word here is "select". My theory is this: Options that MUST be installed by EM (e.g. color wraps) will include the cost of labor in the price. Other options will available as self-install kits (saves us and them time and money), but if you don't want to install it yourself then you can pay EM to install it for you.
you make me smile, so young, and so wise beyond your years

Last edited:

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the key word here is "select". My theory is this: Options that MUST be installed by EM (e.g. color wraps) will include the cost of labor in the price. Other options will available as self-install kits (saves us and them time and money), but if you don't want to install it yourself then you can pay EM to install it for you.
You may have a point. After taking delivery of our Elio's, I would like to think that many of the options can be purchased at a retail store or Pep Boys and be taken home and installed ourselves.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think you'll have to worry about the amps for your cooking needs, considering the "space" for your 12v appliances in your Elio. So too your concerns for a space for the subwoofer fitting in the trunk, I think if they did put a big box in the rear, it would block your rear-view mirror.
There is no interior rear view mirror, all you would see is you, remember there is no rear window.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no interior rear view mirror, all you would see is you, remember there is no rear window.
where did you get the idea there is no rear window? , then why would they put a rear view mirror in ? silly!!
( It was an attempt at humor, Some got it I apologize to those that didn't-) all is good. However they did put the entrance door on the wrong side, and didn't offer y _ L L _w (I've taken an oath never to say the color that rhymes with mellow.
Anyway, XI:XXXIII, time to turn in.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You may have a point. After taking delivery of our Elio's, I would like to think that many of the options can be purchased at a retail store or Pep Boys and be taken home and installed ourselves.
Let's wait and see what the fine print says about voiding or not voiding the warranty first.

Last edited:

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have decided to keep things simple. The only options will be auto trans (I am disabled or I wouldn't be getting the auto trans), cruise control and the rear spoiler (I thought it really looked nice on the Elio). A few option clicks and the Elio starts to become pricy. Retired now and living on a fixed income so every click matters. :-)

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmm... the Thunder35 speaker upgrade in the configurator is $99.95. It appears that the exact same speaker on the MTX site normally lists for $79.95 and is on sale now for $69.95. THUNDER35 3.5 inch 2-Way 25W RMS 4 Ohm Coaxial Speaker Pair

I would hope that EM would buy the speakers from MTX for much cheaper than what we can buy them at for retail, and if so, it looks like a very nice markup. However, some of that markup might be related to the statement in the configurator that says "includes factory harness".

If the harness is part of the toll road then a $76 cost to em plus a 10% toll + 20% markup is roughly equal to the $99.95.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmm... the Thunder35 speaker upgrade in the configurator is $99.95. It appears that the exact same speaker on the MTX site normally lists for $79.95 and is on sale now for $69.95. THUNDER35 3.5 inch 2-Way 25W RMS 4 Ohm Coaxial Speaker Pair

I would hope that EM would buy the speakers from MTX for much cheaper than what we can buy them at for retail, and if so, it looks like a very nice markup. However, some of that markup might be related to the statement in the configurator that says "includes factory harness".

If the harness is part of the toll road then a $76 cost to em plus a 10% toll + 20% markup is roughly equal to the $99.95.

I believe the audio equipment has a "special" markup beyond their usual Cost+20%, due to the cost of the wiring harness that all those options will need. Basically, those who choose the enhanced options are subsidizing the wiring harnesses that go in every Elio, to keep the price down to the $6800 target. (Don't take my word as gospel, it's just a theory).

Top Bottom