• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Radio Questions/audio Questions

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rather than running it through the radio, get a low cost set of walkie-talkies and a mono headset with a mic (you can't legally wear headphones when you drive).
Yes, I know someone will pop in and say that they use two earbuds all the time, but if you got pulled over with them in, it's a ticket.
Having both ears covered (or filled) makes it difficult; if not down right impossible to be able to hear warning sounds when you drive.
It actually depends on where you live:

http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/headsets/

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Stereo,  Elio.jpg

Is this a single DIN or double DIN? I thought DINs had square corners and not round ends.

How do we fit a DIN stereo into this hole?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 9462
Is this a single DIN or double DIN? I thought DINs had square corners and not round ends.

How do we fit a DIN stereo into this hole?
You simply remove the single downsized panel that is red in this picture. The single din red panel has a small oval cut into it for the small MTX head unit because it doesn't have to be very large.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A question for you "electronic" wizards: is it possible (at reasonable cost) to run a vox intercom through the radio/stereo system? Perhaps just an amp and speakers with music input (blue tooth?) from the intercom side. I guess I have become obsessed with having a clip-on mic for each of us to help eliminate the feeling of isolation (not to mention headsets). Any others see the value in this?

I think I'll wait and see how loud the cockpit actually is before thinking about something like that. I'm expecting the Elio to be quieter than I expect....:brick::confused2:

Top Bottom