• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Random Thoughts...

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday I saw on the news a story about Harley planning to build some of their bikes overseas. The Trump administration is up in arms at the idea of loosing those American jobs. So, if they're so concerned about our jobs, why don't they help Elio get rolling? It wouldn't be long before Elio would be far out producing Harley. After all, a lot more people can use a low cost car than an expensive motorcycle.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Key word, "Some"
They sell more bike overseas then they do here; so they had to follow the money.
They still build bikes here, but not as many as they build and sell over there.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That has always been the plan (I think)
It is a Domestic Made Vehicle, made with domestic parts (at least that's what they were hoping for) meant for the Domestic Market.
Wow, from the stories I've heard, it's going back to how it used to be done.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I posted something like this quite a while back. But with things going the way they are now I want this fantasy to come true more than ever.

It's late 2019 and my new Elio is setting in the garage all bright and shiny. The inlaws are over at our house for one of their all too often visits.... they don't have a clue about the car. As usual someone finally asks "What's new with your Eeeeelio?". This question is accompanied by the standard smug s... eating grin. I calmly ask them to come out to the garage to see something. When they are all there and the jaws have stopped dropping I say. "May I have your attention please? f... you!". Turn and walk back in the house.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I posted something like this quite a while back. But with things going the way they are now I want this fantasy to come true more than ever.

It's late 2019 and my new Elio is setting in the garage all bright and shiny. The inlaws are over at our house for one of their all too often visits.... they don't have a clue about the car. As usual someone finally asks "What's new with your Eeeeelio?". This question is accompanied by the standard smug s... eating grin. I calmly ask them to come out to the garage to see something. When they are all there and the jaws have stopped dropping I say. "May I have your attention please? f... you!". Turn and walk back in the house.
I couldn't have said it any better myself.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday I saw on the news a story about Harley planning to build some of their bikes overseas. The Trump administration is up in arms at the idea of loosing those American jobs. So, if they're so concerned about our jobs, why don't they help Elio get rolling? It wouldn't be long before Elio would be far out producing Harley. After all, a lot more people can use a low cost car than an expensive motorcycle.
Next thing you know, Harley will be AMC again :p

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems the older I get the worse my memory.... help me out. I seem to remember watching a video of Paul doing one of his Q&A sessions a month or two ago. Can't find it anywhere now. Anyway, if memory serves me right, toward the end of the talk he remarked that he (they?) would be making an announcement about their financing in a few weeks. It's been a while and I've heard nothing. Anyone know anything about this?

Keep this forum alive. Post something, damn it! This is my post #666 :flame:

Top Bottom