• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Rear Tire Change

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all this talk about not having a spare tire I am not worried, like most people I haven't had a flat tire in a LONG time. I also think it's not going to be too much longer before we see non-pneumatic tires being produced.
http://www.airless-tire.com/category/airless-car-tires/
OK, I want those tires! But they will have to come down in price a bit before I can realize that idea. Maybe they need a little old lady with an Elio to test them out for market. I will definitely voluteer. :-) Z

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cooler than the honeycomb tires are the Michelin Airless motorcycle tires and note the colors:
image.jpg

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depending on the spare tire size, this could all be enclosed in a fiberglass shell that would match the appearance (and aerodynamics?) of the Elo!
Elio could make the car twice as wide at the back so a spare wheel would fit inside, stick on an extra wheel and call it the Suzuki Swift ;)

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio could make the car twice as wide at the back so a spare wheel would fit inside, stick on an extra wheel and call it the Suzuki Swift ;)
I like the way you think! Outside the box and all. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were a politician considering the compromise you came up with. It works, but doesn't really solve the problem! Well played!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By the way, I've never had a blow out and in my younger years I drove my tires WELL BEYOND replacement time (no $$) and never saw a blow out. The odds are stacked well in your favor, especially with today's technology and all. Doesn't mean it won't happen, just that it's not likely to.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depending on the spare tire size, this could all be enclosed in a fiberglass shell that would match the appearance (and aerodynamics?) of the Elo!

NICE! I like that idea! Now we just need someone like Arilea to whip up some CAD drawings! The man has skills! Can't wait until I have something to take 'actual' measurements off of. You know, by the time we actually take possession of our Elios, problem solving aftermarket stuff like this will be everywhere! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom