• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reference For Helmets Being Unsafe In The Elio?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The original question that was asked was to see if anybody could site a reference to support Paul's assertion that wearing a helmet in the elio would be more dangerous than not. There was one post that indicated some tangential information but thus far I have seen nothing to confirm Paul's assertion. Can anyone site some real research?

I actually really liked your original question. It would appear to be a logical assumption that the extra mass of a helmet on your head could lead to an increased likelihood of a neck injury when your torso is being held in place by a seat belt however it would be nice to see documented research where this has been confirmed via testing.

I have not yet had a chance to research this myself however it may help to look at the research around whiplash injuries to see if they have determined that increased head mass leads to increased levels of injury. Research supporting the use of the HANS device in auto racing may also yield information on head mass and injury levels.

Top Bottom