• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Regional Fuel Prices

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My home State has a Public Utilities Commission (PUC) that helps to regulate energy costs. No regulation on big oil that I’m aware of. Hopefully, we can continue to afford to drive our choice of either ICE or Electrics. I could care less what others drive and corporations could care less about anything but profits. Corporate America: By, For, and Of the Corporations. It’s not pretty now, but could get somewhat prettier…….or downright ugly. Note: I’m old and have never seen it uglier than it is right now and our politicians can’t even work together to fix it.
Yeah.... we have a PUC too. They "help" regulate the costs. Most folks here believe the commission members are in the back pockets of the electric and natural gas companies. They do seem to act that way at times.

If ICE is eliminated completely (or close to it), ALL the dollars will just shift to the electric companies. Over due time, it's not going to cost any less to feed an electric over an ICE. The "excuse" for eventual, outrageous power rate increases will be: "we have to build new power plants and distribution lines to keep up with the increased demand". Working folks are screwed either way.... always have been. ;)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Note: I’m old and have never seen it uglier than it is right now and our politicians can’t even work together to fix it.
Wait, WHAT??? Politicians work together. That would be a first.

Yeah.... we have a PUC too. They "help" regulate the costs. Most folks here believe the commission members are in the back pockets of the electric and natural gas companies. They do seem to act that way at times.

You have PUC, heh we have PUD (Public Utilities Division)

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait, WHAT??? Politicians work together. That would be a first.

You have PUC, heh we have PUD (Public Utilities Division)
You know... if it wasn't so serious and expensive for folks – it's almost laughable. It's certainly absurd. It is what it is....

Gas has dropped to $3.79 at my Sam's Club. Many stations still have their prices around $4.30. They'll get every penny they can – for as long as they can.

I always shake my head when I see people purchasing higher priced gas, when they could drive a 1/4 mile to save $3 - $10 per tank at a station with lower prices. I guess the higher priced stations have better Slushies?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

If ICE is eliminated completely (or close to it), ALL the dollars will just shift to the electric companies. Over due time, it's not going to cost any less to feed an electric over an ICE. The "excuse" for eventual, outrageous power rate increases will be: "we have to build new power plants and distribution lines to keep up with the increased demand". Working folks are screwed either way.... always have been. ;)
Perhaps just enough remaining ICE vehicle preferred owners on the roads to support the USA oil production/refining capacity…….taking the need for imported oil out of the equation. :) Higher MPGe - far more efficient. A few auto manufacturers have apparently committed to manufacturing electrics exclusively over the next few years. I’m not sure what their incentives are to do so, other than anticipated future market demand. Time will tell, but will have little impact on this old man……..more so for my son and grandkids. I hope our kids fix the USA’s current dilemma.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Went past my regular gas station today, Regular - 4.38 per gallon Premium - 5.08 per gallon
Now if you have the discount card, you can get it down to 3.38 for regular 4.08 for Premium
Or anywhere in between, depends on how much you spend in the store.

Top Bottom