• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Regional Fuel Prices

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
4.499 at my gas station (Exxon) in North Central West Virginia.

Despite this, would still choose the gas version of the Elio due to the price difference in the electric version.
How can you compare price differences when there was/is no finalized specs needed to determine the MSRP on either the Elio and/or the Elio (or similar) EV? The initial Hello Elio Marketing target price (that peaked my interest and 65,000+ other reservationists)) was and still is impossible. The reality is any fully certified, enclosed, climate control, reasonably safe, three wheeler motorcycle (ICE or Electric) that crosses the production finish line that meets the 50 State’s various autocycle definitions is going to be minimal $15-20K+ range production scale numbers and $25-35K+ in low volume custom hand build numbers.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just paid $5.19 Yesterday for regular. I noted it was $5.49 for the higher octaine.
I still wouldn't want them to buy Russian oil. This certainly will revitalize North American fracking, which was slumping during the covid pandemic.

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
burning gas sign.jpg
Evidently, changing prices so fast and often burnt it up!

$4.05 Reg and $4.98 Diesel in Brazosport Tx today...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just paid $5.19 Yesterday for regular. I noted it was $5.49 for the higher octaine.
I still wouldn't want them to buy Russian oil. This certainly will revitalize North American fracking, which was slumping during the covid pandemic.
Is there an oil shortage or is BIG oil price gouging and blaming it on inflation? Sounds like corporate profits are way up across the board.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there an oil shortage or is BIG oil price gouging and blaming it on inflation? Sounds like corporate profits are way up across the board.
Well, there is always a little bit of that. It is called capitalism, not that I'm defending it.
And then there are true capitalists.
House prices around here for example. They are building businesses and homes in droves. And I guarantee there are some that recognize this is a boom-town area (and period of time) and they want to rise with it. Just doing so drives it even further. Their gamble is jumping out of the game before it's been driven too high. But while it goes on, if you buy enough of the homes up, you can rent them out at a premium. Or flip them at a 20% or higher profit in a mater of weeks.

So other investors are buying out what is built or back on the market. I'm getting calls, texts and emails multiple times daily right now. And I'm not even on the market.

But at the end of the boom, it could be a balloon, so they bale out before the crash. In-fact that kind of drives the fall. Those still holding on, like real people trying to live, they end up with up-side-down loans, and some fail. Meanwhile, Freddy-MAC has bought out the loans and takes the hit.

There are lots of 'on the other hand' issues in this, like business jumping fast to build where it's needed. But we don't have time for Economics 101, I would guess.

All this kind of crap, is why I wanted the Elio, or Bex to come on line. The ability to jump to low consumption as needed will tend to balance out fuel prices. And those who like boom-bust cycles to exploit, they prefer our total dependence to trigger these events. Just-Say-in.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a sign posting the prices for "real" premium it's at this little gas station near here.
Premium was $6.72 a gallon Regular was $5.86 I dam near passed out.
Like I said, it's this little out of the way gas station, and the gas is just a small part of their business, the bigger part is a Tire Shop, and Hot Rod parts.
I knew they were always high, and it's because it doesn't have to live off the gas sales, that's for the local hot rodder. PIR is only 20 miles away, so they hope to beat out the compition (PIR = Portland International Raceway)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This says how important a product the BEX may become, and remain for a long period of time.
BY long, I mean longer than any specific crisis. And also very nice that the BEX will eventually have an EV option.

From CNN (link)
Now we have an oil crisis, a gas crisis and an electricity crisis at the same time," Fatih Birol, head of the International Energy Agency watchdog group, told Der Spiegel in an interview published this week. "This energy crisis is much bigger than the oil crises of the 1970s and 1980s. And it will probably last longer.

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
About two years ago, I recycled (or up-cycled) an old children's bicycle trailer into a cargo trailer. I do all of my grocery shopping and a bunch of other local errands by bicycle.
The other day a gentleman passed by me in his Prius (as I was loading my groceries into the cargo trailer). He rolled down his window and said "I thought I was being 'green', but you got me beat -- You are greener than a Prius" We both laughed.
Cargo_Trailer.JPG
Gas prices here are $5.79/gallon.

Top Bottom