• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Regional Fuel Prices

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know how you guys do it… stomach it. Regular is $3.62 at my Sam’s Club. Most stations are around $3.79ish. It’s bad enough here…. Never thought I would look at $2.50 a gallon as being “cheap”.

plenty of gas out there. Yet to see an “out of gas” sign.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know how you guys do it… stomach it. Regular is $3.62 at my Sam’s Club. Most stations are around $3.79ish. It’s bad enough here…. Never thought I would look at $2.50 a gallon as being “cheap”.

plenty of gas out there. Yet to see an “out of gas” sign.
It isn't easy. Trust me. I see more and more Tesla's on the road even here in WV.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most Northeast electric isnt cheap either, ConEd has seen some 100% increases in bills, so have most other regional suppliers. Around here, if you see a Tesla, that person is wealthy.
Would someone also be considered wealthy if you see them driving a Ford pickup? One can buy a used Tesla for less and the money saved on gas would assist with the payment. :)

1659443545388.jpeg

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
YES - pickups are crazy expensive. Cost more than the house I bought in 1985. INSANE. I have never paid more than 20k for a vehicle, and I never intend to. Even my new van was only 19k minus a good rebate for being used for a business. My Nissan was 16k. I bought one of the first minivans (Dodge Colt Vista Wagon) for less than 9k.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
YES - pickups are crazy expensive. Cost more than the house I bought in 1985. INSANE. I have never paid more than 20k for a vehicle, and I never intend to. Even my new van was only 19k minus a good rebate for being used for a business. My Nissan was 16k. I bought one of the first minivans (Dodge Colt Vista Wagon) for less than 9k.
My first new car purchase a 1972 VW Bug - $1795 and gas was about .35 per gallon. Yikes! That was a long, long time ago and my last trip to a gas station was 2 years ago. :)

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$4.49/gallon here in the desert. I purchased the one gallon that I needed.
Speaking of pickups, when I purchased my GM work truck in 1998, it was $8,400 (on the road and out the door). I'm still driving it, although my local Motor Vehicle Department is giving me the option to put "Classic Car" tags on it for next year's renewal, as the old beast will be 25 years old. It doesn't look like a classic car, just a beat up work truck, but the tags are a bit cheaper. Perhaps I'll give it a good washing and apply for the Classic Car tags (LOL)!!

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lots of Telsa's showing up here in WV now. And you can't even buy them here due to dealers paying politicians to keep it illegal. But it isn't stopping them. They are buying across state lines and transferring them to West Virginia.

They look pretty nice TBH, and so far, seen only 'normal' driving from them. No crazy accelerations or at the gas stations laughing at us. Also haven't seen one on fire yet. I definitely think it's the way of the future.

Despite this, still going for the gas version of the Elio. On our Elio ride, I'm sure there will be a lot of snickers when I stop to fill up while the rest of you are hooking yours up to the power cables. Guess, I'll just drive around the area and explore some while you guys are charging up.

Top Bottom