• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Removing Burn Rings From The Cylinder Face Of A Revolver

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually that was one I was able to shoot some. It was a 7 1/2 and was notably "tamer" than my 5 1/2 shooting same loads. They are already loud enough that I doubt you would notice:)
I just picked up a 30-06 that someone shortened the barrel to 16 1/8 inches including a muzzle brake, It felt like a 223 when shot with ball ammo, Was the LOUDEST thing I have ever fired !!!!! It is in the process of becoming a cast bullet shooter with a nice new 24 inch barrel.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the rifles I've seen Mag-na-ported were loud right out of the box .... I couldn't tell any difference after porting .... as noted earlier, I can't take a muzzle brake on such rifles .... they work by directing the force (sound) back at the shooter .... they work but aren't for me

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think shipping will be the biggest issue, could easily add 100$ to the cost. I have never had it done so just guessing, based on shipping with insur. for a friend who had some custom work done to a GP100. There may be someone local who can do it without shipping. Process uses a plung EDM, no chips, no burrs.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
there are some interesting laws in place .... to ship a pistol through the US Mail requires a Fed Firearms License .... individuals can ship via UPS or Fed Ex .... must be next day air .... total cost to ship Redhawk to Mag-na-port via UPS $84.25 .... that included $900 insurance .... individuals can send ammo through UPS but not Fed Ex

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
there are some interesting laws in place .... to ship a pistol through the US Mail requires a Fed Firearms License .... individuals can ship via UPS or Fed Ex .... must be next day air .... total cost to ship Redhawk to Mag-na-port via UPS $84.25 .... that included $900 insurance .... individuals can send ammo through UPS but not Fed Ex
JE, if you go to this link, you will see that there are many Redhawks for sale, and the shipping most dealers charge is $25,00, two-day air. $84.25 seems like a LOT. Someone is quoting you high. I just had 2300 rounds of CCI .22LR shipped, two-day air Fedex, cost $20 for shipping.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Firearms/BI.aspx?Keywords=redhawk

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
JE, if you go to this link, you will see that there are many Redhawks for sale, and the shipping most dealers charge is $25,00, two-day air. $84.25 seems like a LOT. Someone is quoting you high. I just had 2300 rounds of CCI .22LR shipped, two-day air Fedex, cost $20 for shipping.

If you are shipping as an individual without a UPS business account. It can cost as much as 84$ or more for a pistol. Having shipped many firearms I can tell you its not cheap if you don't have access to a UPS business account. FFL dealers can use USPS Priority shipping flat rate boxes so its not expensive to ship hence the 25$ for shipping on gunbroker. I find if you don't have access to a ups account try to get your local FFL to ship for you for a fee. When I managed a gun store I would regularly do this for a 15$ fee sometimes more if i had to provide boxes, packing material etc. It was a easy way to make money and if you are selling a personal gun on Gunbroker some dealers prefer to deal only FFL to FFL transactions.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The price of .22 L.R. is getting crazy! :confused:
I went to Gander Mountain last weekend, asked if they had any .22L.R., they laughed. :(

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

this is the first and hopefully will be the only time we have to ship one back to the factory .... UPS told us we had to ship next day air so we did .... I don't know how much of the $84 was for shipping and how much was for $900 insurance .... I did learn that the only UPS company stores can ship pistols, there is only one of those stores in Raleigh, one in Durham and one in Chapel Hill .... all of the small UPS stores in strip malls are privately owned and under contract with UPS .... UPS charges them the same thing they charge a person to walk in to one of their stores, then to make a profit the privately owned stores mark up the cost

interesting site .... I only looked at the first two pages but didn't see a Redhawk Hunter model so I ran a search and out of 6 pages of listings, they only show 3 and one of them isn't a Hunter model

Last edited:

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you are shipping as an individual without a UPS business account. It can cost as much as 84$ or more for a pistol. Having shipped many firearms I can tell you its not cheap if you don't have access to a UPS business account. FFL dealers can use USPS Priority shipping flat rate boxes so its not expensive to ship hence the 25$ for shipping on gunbroker. I find if you don't have access to a ups account try to get your local FFL to ship for you for a fee. When I managed a gun store I would regularly do this for a 15$ fee sometimes more if i had to provide boxes, packing material etc. It was a easy way to make money and if you are selling a personal gun on Gunbroker some dealers prefer to deal only FFL to FFL transactions.
Almost all the sellers on Gunbrokers use Fedex. I have read that UPS is much pickier and expensive for this purpose.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The price of .22 L.R. is getting crazy! :confused:
I went to Gander Mountain last weekend, asked if they had any .22L.R., they laughed. :(
I watched Gunbrokers until someone posted a large lot. I got 1500 CCI Standard Velocity lead round nose, which I sold to a friend, and I kept 500 Velocitors and 300 Mini Mags for myself, wound up costing me 12 cents a round. Not too bad, just took time, which an old retired fart has in excess.

Top Bottom