• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Removing Burn Rings From The Cylinder Face Of A Revolver

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to learn to shoot righty, Boy Scout camp had nice savage bolt action 22's ( ten cents for 5 rounds) and I never had handguns till I moved to Fla.(In Mass. I couldn't even have a bb pistol) So I never tried till I got this one. It is perfect for the door pocket in the truck. I used to have the right handed U.C. Lite also but had to part with it - the mechanic saw the lefty and took the righty in trade for the bill. Still can't use lefty scissors but at least I'm in my right mind.

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes my aunt has a .270 elk rifle her husband had magna ported for her I have not fired it but they did a great job cutting the ports in the end of barrel, she said the recoil was definitly reduced. I am guessing it will be louder after magma porting.
This was over ten years ago and it's still popular, I have been considering this on my 300 win mag, but last time I shipped a rifle it was over $100 with insurance, instead I bought a limb saver but pad for the stock.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got a Marlin model 1894 lever action 44 mag that could use a little recoil dampening. But it's the short barrel version. Not sure how much porting it would do. I guess I'll just have to learn to hit what I'm shooting at the first time. Won't have to worry about lining up for a second shot [especially if you hit it with that cannon].;)

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got a Marlin model 1894 lever action 44 mag that could use a little recoil dampening. But it's the short barrel version. Not sure how much porting it would do. I guess I'll just have to learn to hit what I'm shooting at the first time. Won't have to worry about lining up for a second shot [especially if you hit it with that cannon].;)

I have a nice Marlin 1895G. 45-70 with factory porting. I run Buffalo Bore magnums and it is no worse that my 336 in .35 Rem.

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Same here, I've shot several but own none. The process is proven, does not harm accuracy and works as advertized (to varing degres). It does make the report louder and the more "intense" the chambering the better it works. It functions off muzzle pressure. The higher the pressure at the muzzle the better it works. In a 38 Special not worth the trouble, in a 357 Max it works very well, and they are so loud already who could tell the difference. What you thinking of porting??

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have used various guns with magaporting it works well. I have no guns with this modification.

that has been my experience as well .... I've never like the blow-back from muzzle brakes like the BOSS system .... without good hearing protection it can ruin your hearing in a hurry .... Mag-na-port helps with recoil and muzzle jump .... I've seen my wife fire a Mag-na-ported Weatherby 300 mag with a stock mounted mercury recoil suppressor and a Pachmayr F990 Triple Magnum Field Recoil Pad .... that combination tamed the 300's recoil down to 308 category .... that same combination used to modify an '06 borders on magical .... with the Mag-na-port, the barrel of a rifle placed on sandbags will have little to no barrel jump .... its a remarkable process

Top Bottom