• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Removing Burn Rings From The Cylinder Face Of A Revolver

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
686PLUS.jpg
This is my pride and joy. Obviously, not for carrying. S&W 686PLUS. .357 mag. 7 shot (that's what makes it the "PLUS" model) 6'' barrel.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Wisconsin thanks to Gov. Walker about 3 days to get your CC. After 20 years of one party vetoing it after the public voted for it . Of course that was while they had 24/7 LE protection and allowed themselves to carry.
Back to Revolvers , many like them as CC weapons . Some have issue with the hand that make working Autos hard .
.38 easy carry.

Attachments

• 38 BodyGuard.JPG
    38 BodyGuard.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 204

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Callin me old, huh?

I got a couple plastic peashooters, but bright shiny things still attract me. Even my deer rifle is SS.

I need a Super Redhawk again. Sold mine in the broke years, and still miss it.

Will have to check out pics and vid on the computer later, no show on Tapatalk on my phone.

I do like my Super Redhawk (at least I think it was a redhawk or a Blackhawk) all stainless 44 mag 8 3/8 barrel double action with a 2x Nikon scope.
heavy as hell but can put 4" groupings at 100 yards on a bench rest. Running 44 mags through it can wear you out and the shrapnel coming out of the front of the cylinder burns like the dickens if not wearing gloves. Also have S&W 686 6" blued full lugged barrel 357.
Most of my pistols are autos, H&K, XDm. Paraordinance, Glock, keltec, Ruger, all fun

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I considered a .380 for my regular CCW but ended up with a Kel-Tec P-32 instead as it is considerably smaller and lighter than good .380's such as the Bersa Thunder 380. The problem I found with the smaller sub-compact .380's is that the barrel is too short which results in the .380's not outperforming the sub-compact .32's while still sacrificing some size and weight.
Kel-Tec_P-32_(Yaf).jpg

My favorite car/heavy CCW pistol is a Springfield Armory XD 4" .40
XD9102HCSP06_2.jpg

My favorite range pistol is my Kimber 1911 Custom TLE II .45 ACP
Kimber_Custom_TLE_(left).JPG
My regular carry is a Kel-Tec PF-9. Seven round magazine of 9mm. Rather carry my Springfield XD-9 but the size makes it too big for summer carry.

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Goofyone, if your in middle Tn sometime I'll treat you to a round of skeet with that judge! Shot a couple boxes thru a friends and almost bought one that day ,it was so much fun. Yep, I'm old school too, carry a Smith M36, so does the Daughter. Hunt with a service 6 and 1st year GP100 sometimes. So nice not to have my brass slung all over the place:) Got some bottom feeders but don't shoot them much.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Wisconsin thanks to Gov. Walker about 3 days to get your CC. After 20 years of one party vetoing it after the public voted for it . Of course that was while they had 24/7 LE protection and allowed themselves to carry.
Back to Revolvers , many like them as CC weapons . Some have issue with the hand that make working Autos hard .
.38 easy carry.
In TN, you have to take a course to get a carry permit. Then, you have to go to a range and pop off 50 rounds of ammo (you're aiming at a 2'' hole by the end of that) at a target.. A friend I've known since middle school is certified as a carry permit, and homeland security course instructor. I don't carry, but since I've known somone so long (we used to party together :oops:) that can certify me, I think I may do it, just in case. In TN, it does not have to be "concealed". Once a permit is aquired, you can wear a six shooter on your hip just like Festus on Gunsmoke if you want to. Here, you get a carry permit, and "concealed" is not written into the law. Most everyone does conceal, just to avoid confrontation, but you don't HAVE too.:cool:

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WI requires a course, but allows hunter safety course grads or military service as acceptable. That probably covers 3/4 of the state's residents that would/could carry, a HS course has been mandatory to buy a hunting licence for years. Urban Milwaukee residents probably already have a felony that disqualifies them, and few in Madison would ever own such a dangerous thing, and neither should we.

Top Bottom