• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservation Numbers...

Sherry

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hi, Is anyone still seeing this site? I am a reservation holder and I cannot get into my account. I have moved up the line due to people leaving and asking for money back and now I think I am well under 2,500 reservation holder. any info????

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here are some questions I asked Elio Motors and the response:

Jul 23, 11:30 EDT
This is a follow-up to your previous request #142417 "Current information please"
Obviously you are not overly concerned with SEC compliance as the OTC shows you in the pink and stop levels.
Any idea if you will ever communicate something new instead of saying “read the blog”, which is only old blogs reposted?
If nothing else, please update the number of reservations. This would at least show the reservationists they still count.

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

Jul 26, 17:00 EDT

Thanks for the note. We are concerned with everything that impacts our business as a rule. We are sharing blogs from the archives for a couple of reasons: our fans and supporters know we are focused on funding at this time and the blogs serve as an indicator that we are still here grinding along every day. They also share valuable information with the countless new people that have found Elio since the blog has run. The information is valuable to everyone. As for reservations, we made the decision to change the number back to a static number for ease of maintenance and the fact that we are over 65,000 is all anyone really needs to understand as that is a HUGE number of people supporting the program.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,

So, they totally ignored the SEC compliance issues and went straight to the typical old blog information. As per the above, I don't really feel that 65,000 reservations is all I need to understand as that number hasn't changed in years. Again, absolutely nothing new.
The Elio Team

Jul 23, 11:30 EDT

This is a follow-up to your previous request #142417 "Current information please"

Obviously you are not overly concerned with SEC compliance as the OTC shows you in the pink and stop levels.

Any idea if you will ever communicate something new instead of saying “read the blog”, which is only old blogs reposted?

If nothing else, please update the number of reservations. This would at least show the reservationists they still count.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can see why the static 65K display.

Jan 2013 - Mar 2017 - 65,000 Reservations (avg. 1,300/month over 50 months)
April 2017 - June 2018 - 65,460 Reservations (avg 33/month over 14 months)

From looking through the archives (2017)
Mar 13 - 65,198
Mar 29 - 65,239
Apr 3 - 65,264
Apr 10 - 65,286
Apr 17 - 65,291
Apr 24 - 65,312
May 1 - 65,325
Jun 20 - 65,341

From Jun 20 2017 to June 30 2018, that's a total of 119 over 12 months or 10/month. Why post a dismal rate of reservations? It'll only hurt the business. It's better to talk about past performance because it's indicative of what the future beholds.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So what if Elio put the prototype back out there with the intention of getting the reservation number much higher? Isn't that what a salesman is suppose to do? I know, they don't want to sell something they don't have. Right? Still, if they did get a bunch more reservations it would show there is still CURRENT interest. How many of the first 65,000 are still interested? Nobody knows, but I suspect they have lost more than they have gained.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi, Is anyone still seeing this site? I am a reservation holder and I cannot get into my account. I have moved up the line due to people leaving and asking for money back and now I think I am well under 2,500 reservation holder. any info????
You don't move up in line. Your line number remains the same.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.....How many of the first 65,000 are still interested? Nobody knows, but I suspect they have lost more than they have gained.

I would imagine almost everyone is still interested. The better question is how many still believe it will happen. If they started production, I imagine there would be very, very few that would not buy one.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So what if Elio put the prototype back out there with the intention of getting the reservation number much higher? Isn't that what a salesman is suppose to do? I know, they don't want to sell something they don't have. Right? Still, if they did get a bunch more reservations it would show there is still CURRENT interest. How many of the first 65,000 are still interested? Nobody knows, but I suspect they have lost more than they have gained.
From looking at the SEC filings, Elio had generated this in sales (total number starting from zero back in 2013) over these dates:

Sept 30, 2015 - $19M
March 31, 2016 - $22M
December 31, 2016 $27M

The total sales and marketing budget for 2016 was $7.6M. If you split the number between September 30, 2015 and March 31, 2016 (which would be December 31, 2015) then the number for reservations would be around $20.5M (split between $19M and $22M). That tells me that Elio spent $7.6M on sales and marketing to get reservations and it netted them $6.5M in sales. It was costing them more for sales and marketing than they were raising. Plus this does not count the discounts (which takes money off the top of the profit).

Total sales by June 30, 2018 was $28M with about $15M in discounts. So, if we just peg the discounts at 50%, then by looking at 2016, the sales and marketing spending $7.6M to net $6.5M in reservations and giving away $3.25M in discounts for a grand total of $3.25M coming in while spending $7.6M. It becomes clear as to why they stopped the sales and marketing. They either had to cut the cost of sales and marketing or keep that number the same while bringing in at least 2.5X the number of reservations to justify the cost. This doesn't even count the $12.6M in general and administrative costs which had to apply to some of the sales and marketing.

2016 Costs:
Engineering - $20M
General and Administrative - $12.6M
Sales and Marketing - $7.6M
Total - $40.3M

Income:
Reservations - $6.5M
IPO - $16M
Total - $22.5M

I left out other costs because that brings the total costs up to $52.7M. There was some additional income by moving money around but that's not even much. Now you can see why everything came to a screeching halt. Reservations were not enough, the IPO was not enough. The general public does not have the money to fund Elio. They need an investor to write them a big check. If not, nothing will change. Plus I don't see how Eliocoin will change this as it will be back in the hands of the general public to raise the money for them.

Top Bottom