• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just an observation but I think they need to do a better job of educating to the masses at this infrequent events. Having been to (2) showings so far the Elio crew has been VERY nice and Very informative but with So many questions and concerns from the public I fear the 2-3 agents onsite have little opportunity to make time with everyone. Especially when one of Us "need to know Everything Now" buyers grab their attention for 30+ minutes. We all do it!! With that said it would be great if they had detailed fliers of info and Q&A points. And for Petes sake, direct interests to their website or better yet information gathering Positive referral sites such as this forum! STOP with the Facebook promotion for answers. Facebook is for preteen girls sharing selfies on makeup tips and keyboard commandos with an agenda to Hate Everything!! I would even wager that Many of the commenters on that page are from the curious and very nervous competitive car makers. If I first did my reach on Elio via Facebook I am Certain with all the Inaccurate negativity posted I would never have pulled the trigger. Facebook is a good place to post product updates. NOT for open public debate or product reviews from armchair know it alls with NO skin in the game or ambition to see this little company start a revolution. All just my opinion!!!

Interesting......I would have never found Elio had it not been for Facebook. Strangely, I'm not a girl or a preteen. I've never even posted a selfie in the six years that I've been on Facebook. It's real odd, neither have any of my Facebook friends. Your assessment of Facebook is, like sooo early 2000's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting......I would have never found Elio had it not been for Facebook. Strangely, I'm not a girl or a preteen. I've never even posted a selfie in the six years that I've been on Facebook. It's real odd, neither have any of my Facebook friends. Your assessment of Facebook is, like sooo early 2000's.
I don't think any of my 40-something year old friends are girls or preteens either. Maybe they are but are masquerading as older people. I better check my friends list.
Or, they could be extraterrestrials.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To each his/her own with Facebook. I did not say it should be eliminated I say it should not be used as the primary foundation for their marketing to the masses moving forward. If you enjoy sharing pictures of everything you do daily with the world thats great, but to promote a product/innovation in a wide open opinionated Facebook forum is not very productive. Sharing your pet photos with friends and family (girl or boy) is Not the same as promotion of a multi million dollar car company.

Dave
I guess it depends on the resources they devote to it. As of now it does not seem like a ton.

It is free. You pay the guy for the time he spends updating it, but he'd likely be on Facebook with his girlfriend anyway, so two birds with one stone there. It gets people talking about the product. Good, bad, or otherwise it will make people curious and they will research it more. And again for peanuts.
Companies can't find much in the way of free publicity now days. Seems like a good use of limited resources to me.
Heck, I'll give them free reign over the thousand bucks I sent them for use of Facebook. That should last a while. Now you have no need to worry about it.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the resources they devote to it. As of now it does not seem like a ton.

It is free. You pay the guy for the time he spends updating it, but he'd likely be on Facebook with his girlfriend anyway, so two birds with one stone there. It gets people talking about the product. Good, bad, or otherwise it will make people curious and they will research it more. And again for peanuts.
Companies can't find much in the way of free publicity now days. Seems like a good use of limited resources to me.
Heck, I'll give them free reign over the thousand bucks I sent them for use of Facebook. That should last a while. Now you have no need to worry about it.
I think "Twitter" is a better Venue, JMO. :)
@ElioMotors The first production model should be called: The Elio F1 ; "Freedom 1" {F1 for short} .
05:38 PM - 18 Mar 14
favorite_icon.png
Favorited by
Elio Motors @ElioMotors
Elio Motors is about to change the way you look at getting from here to there...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To each his/her own with Facebook. I did not say it should be eliminated I say it should not be used as the primary foundation for their marketing to the masses moving forward. If you enjoy sharing pictures of everything you do daily with the world thats great, but to promote a product/innovation in a wide open opinionated Facebook forum is not very productive. Sharing your pet photos with friends and family (girl or boy) is Not the same as promotion of a multi million dollar car company.

Dave
You are blind. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., etc. are the future of marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's funny. I never would have found facebook if it weren't for Elio. There I was on the Elio site and there was a little rounded corner square with a little lowercase white "f". I thought it was for "Fast". I like fast. I clicked on it and suddenly, just like that, I was offered farmville property, some angry birds attacked me, I saw 17 duckface selfies, and some cat was caught in the blinds... it was hours before I was able to peel myself away from the refridgerator of the internet. Now, I can say with certainty that candycrush doesn't refer to the girl I liked in highschool, flappy bird isn't an obcene jester, and there are a lot of poor people who don't have friends who can work a camera so they are forced to take their own picture usually in a mirror with toothpaste splatters on it and a messy room behind them. Thank you, Elio for showing me "the facebook". Word of advice, drop the "the".

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's funny. I never would have found facebook if it weren't for Elio. There I was on the Elio site and there was a little rounded corner square with a little lowercase white "f". I thought it was for "Fast". I like fast. I clicked on it and suddenly, just like that, I was offered farmville property, some angry birds attacked me, I saw 17 duckface selfies, and some cat was caught in the blinds... it was hours before I was able to peel myself away from the refridgerator of the internet. Now, I can say with certainty that candycrush doesn't refer to the girl I liked in highschool, flappy bird isn't an obcene jester, and there are a lot of poor people who don't have friends who can work a camera so they are forced to take their own picture usually in a mirror with toothpaste splatters on it and a messy room behind them. Thank you, Elio for showing me "the facebook". Word of advice, drop the "the".
O.K. that is pretty humorous.
Not a pretty humerus. That is entirely different.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Facebook and social media marketing in general is an effective way to reach new people who may not have heard about a particular product or company. Online marketing is not free as Elio does currently pay Facebook, Twitter, and Google to ensure their messages and pages are pushed higher in news feeds and search results.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Facebook and social media marketing in general is an effective way to reach new people who may not have heard about a particular product or company. Online marketing is not free as Elio does currently pay Facebook, Twitter, and Google to ensure their messages and pages are pushed higher in news feeds and search results.
Any idea what the fees are?

Top Bottom