• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Naysaying troll! What difference does it make that those who doubt continue to be proven right, while those who have faith, well-

Let's just say their faith hasn't resulted in one vehicle rolling of the line. Not in Pontiac, Michigan, and not in Shreveport, either. Faux Elio #860
No faith required. Vehicles rolling off the line is entirely in Elio Motors hands to accomplish or not. Though along that journey I think there are things of interest those of us along for the ride can look at to help make sense, e.g. https://hbr.org/2012/05/six-myths-of-product-development

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No faith required. Vehicles rolling off the line is entirely in Elio Motors hands to accomplish or not. Though along that journey I think there are things of interest those of us along for the ride can look at to help make sense, e.g. https://hbr.org/2012/05/six-myths-of-product-development

Reading the link (number 6) reminded me of an expert system I once wrote.
There were some strange configurations that I had never encountered in doing the process manually.
As a result, I put in an error message that said. "I you got here, I don't know how. Please contact me"
I got three calls in two years.
One of the three was logic that only a human could understand and anticipate since it didn't follow normal rules.

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
5/3/15 42,288
166 week
23 day
Based on Paul's claim that he will have 250,000 reservations before production starts, we have less than 24 years to go before the Elio will be in production. :)

Hopefully that will encourage some of you fence-sitters to take up Mary S's or mag44's generous offer to sell their reservation or agree to sell their delivered Elio.

Spyche Chaos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Nice read- what makes you think Paul Elio understands any of these concepts well enough to actually bring the Elio to market? He's already failed once in Michigan, and his engineering firm in AZ wasn't a success, either.

It's possible he was a really great cab driver; I have seen no reports to the contrary.

:p

Spyche Chaos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The whole "nobody understands how hard it is to build things" argument is getting pretty tired, IMO.

Lots of people build things.

It's not like Paul Elio is the world's first manufacturer; he makes a point of saying as much when he talks about what a breeze it will be to crank out 250,000 vehicles per annum (despite only 42k actual reservations from possible future customers).

Lots of people understand how hard it is.

That's exactly why I think _______ doesn't have a clue, a prayer, or a plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spyche Chaos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh, just censor the whole post already - do you think no one knows who is being referred to? That's just ridiculous.
The whole "nobody understands how hard it is to build things" argument is getting pretty tired, IMO.

Lots of people build things.

It's not like Paul Elio is the world's first manufacturer; he makes a point of saying as much when he talks about what a breeze it will be to crank out 250,000 vehicles per annum (despite only 42k actual reservations from possible future customers).

Lots of people understand how hard it is.

That's exactly why I think _______ doesn't have a clue, a prayer, or a plan.

Top Bottom