• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not whining. But there HAS TO BE a limit. I am fine taking a back seat to those with with more money to invest until it prevents me from EVER getting mine. Those who NEED the Elio the most are precisely the ones who can't get to the $1K level.

I won't return the "compliment" by referring to you as an elitist as you did by calling me a whiner. Oops! I guess I did.

Anyway, let's drop the insults now that we're even.

Like I said, you need to get over your self.
I couldn't afford to go all in at the $1K level either.
(I had to make a choice. Get a large utility class tractor to clear potential fire hazards on my property or go to the $1,000 level. Hmmm. Safety or more money down on my Elio. Not much of a choice.)
The terms say if you are "All-In" you will be in the queue as follows:
All-In
$1000
$500
$250
$100​
If you are "Want-In" you will be served after "All-In"
Want-In
$1000
$500
$250
$100​
Notice that there are limits.
Clearly stated.
You just don't appear to think that they adequately favor your "seniority".
This is not a college where we have "safe zones" where our feelings can't be hurt.
(Or at least I don't think it is.)

Reaction score
Well, Yes, Positive vibes, wishes and prayers are the most we can do to help this project along. And I agree with Marshall about rewarding the non-elitist. Most everybody here signed the commitment agreement, which was so important for our success. Elitist and non-elitists alike. Ya ya, we are promised another $300 off. But, face it $300.00 off nothing is nothing. The project is what is important. That loan is important. I still say, stop the reservations as of 65K, assign numbers to everybody that has deposits, according to the stated agreement which is elitists first. THEN START IT BACK UP AGAIN WITH A SLIGHTLY HIGHER PRICE. We get another reward, COSTING ELIO NOTHING. Again, nothing minus nothing is nothing, but anyways; I would also suggest no more of this two-tier bull crap and no more different levels. New reservationists should put down non-refundable deposits only.
On a personal note, I went car shopping with daughter this morning. $5K don't buy much, but that is what I got. I gave my personal "Elio OHIO Group" business cards to 7 used car salesmen. They weren't a bit apprehensive about it and I saw the wheels turning in their greedy swollen heads. I might have sold a couple of fleets this morning, lol. I got my cards printed at KINKO. Cheap & easy.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like I said, you need to get over your self.
I couldn't afford to go all in at the $1K level either.
(I had to make a choice. Get a large utility class tractor to clear potential fire hazards on my property or go to the $1,000 level. Hmmm. Safety or more money down on my Elio. Not much of a choice.)
The terms say if you are "All-In" you will be in the queue as follows:
All-In
$1000
$500
$250
$100​
If you are "Want-In" you will be served after "All-In"
Want-In
$1000
$500
$250
$100​
Notice that there are limits.
Clearly stated.
You just don't appear to think that they adequately favor your "seniority".
This is not a college where we have "safe zones" where our feelings can't be hurt.
(Or at least I don't think it is.)
OK. Your one up. Happy?

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think EM will make their 65k reservation bogie sometime this year. What impact that may have on the start-of-production date is unclear.
But as EM's press campaign becomes more aggressive, the rate of commit-to-buy reservations should increase proportionally.

You do realize that to reach 65,000 reservations by the end of the year (129 days) Elio would have to average about 60 new reservations per day. Some things may change, but past experience suggests closer to 25-30 per day.

Reactions: Ekh

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
....I would also suggest no more of this two-tier bull crap and no more different levels. New reservationists should put down non-refundable deposits only....

Here is my only disagreement with you :p
From a psychology perspective, it might be a good idea to keep the refundable deposits. By providing the option to painlessly back out at any time, it makes people more trusting of EM and more likely to put down a non-refundable deposit. Trust is a valuable commodity, that EM can't afford to squander.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is my only disagreement with you :p
From a psychology perspective, it might be a good idea to keep the refundable deposits. By providing the option to painlessly back out at any time, it makes people more trusting of EM and more likely to put down a non-refundable deposit. Trust is a valuable commodity, that EM can't afford to squander.
Intersting idea. I guess the experiential information from the current program will help: what percentage of want-ins convert to all-ins, and what percentage have asked for their money back? Do people requiring a safety cushion for a $100 deposit actually convert to buyers? (Conversions to all-in tell us something, but of course, there are no actual sales to go by).

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, Yes, Positive vibes, wishes and prayers are the most we can do to help this project along. And I agree with Marshall about rewarding the non-elitist. Most everybody here signed the commitment agreement, which was so important for our success. Elitist and non-elitists alike. Ya ya, we are promised another $300 off. But, face it $300.00 off nothing is nothing. The project is what is important. That loan is important. I still say, stop the reservations as of 65K, assign numbers to everybody that has deposits, according to the stated agreement which is elitists first. THEN START IT BACK UP AGAIN WITH A SLIGHTLY HIGHER PRICE. We get another reward, COSTING ELIO NOTHING. Again, nothing minus nothing is nothing, but anyways; I would also suggest no more of this two-tier bull crap and no more different levels. New reservationists should put down non-refundable deposits only.
On a personal note, I went car shopping with daughter this morning. $5K don't buy much, but that is what I got. I gave my personal "Elio OHIO Group" business cards to 7 used car salesmen. They weren't a bit apprehensive about it and I saw the wheels turning in their greedy swollen heads. I might have sold a couple of fleets this morning, lol. I got my cards printed at KINKO. Cheap & easy.
I agree that all future deposits after the 65,000 should be non-refundable, and all should get numbers -- but do you think we should stop giving the larger investors priority in when they get their car?

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You do realize that to reach 65,000 reservations by the end of the year (129 days) Elio would have to average about 60 new reservations per day. Some things may change, but past experience suggests closer to 25-30 per day.
If the ATVM comes through, there will be an enormous upswing. Especially if they're starting to announce some test results at about the same time. In general, you're right -- though I think the average is about 40 per day at this point. The average gets posted periodically, but I don't remember in what thread. It did spike significantly when the Crowdfunding program was announce a year ago (has it been that long?) And it has been remarkably steady for most to the time since -- that is, the increase in reservations is very lineal, not going nuts at all.

Bob Croson posted this link to a chart he constructed -- very cool

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...quX8/pubchart?oid=46872278&format=interactive

Top Bottom