• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Essentially, that is what I am suggesting. They have "all the machinery" at the factory, but by starting at a lower rate they only need one set of dies for the steel stamping machines, one assembly line, one shift crew, etc. All the prerequisite engineering would need to be complete, so I doubt that 65,000 scales evenly with 240,000 (so, it would certainly need more than a scale-value of $72.9 million).

I guess the other half of my thoughts came from the "$7300" price lock. Folks here are assuming that after 65,000 the price will go up...but what if it doesn't? What if the goal of $6800 is still possible at full capacity (240k), but they had to raise the price up to $7300 in order to remain profitable while starting at a lower capacity?
I can't prove it, but the sequence of events, how those number were quoted and when, makes me think that is the case. That over 65k was required to get $7300 and $6800 was still possible somewhere nearer to the 240k units.

But given the move to $7000 for commits I'd say the glass wall has been broken and $6800 will not likely come back.
Best hope for post 65k reservations is getting $7000 in extension of the special deal.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see Elio locking in the price for all-in reservations as a big additional "Thank You" to those that risked money early and gave Elio the cash flow to see their way through the early development, start-up funding and the Reg A+. We gave them a no interest loan to keep the project moving; we'll give them free advertising once the initial roll-out begins. I have no problem with any of this. I'm thinking that once the first models hit the streets, the stock value will go up enough so I could pay the balance in cash.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No new number on Friday. No number yet today. It's been 5 days since the last one. The next posted number may very well be over 60,000!

I would expect so. At the last few in count-up EM seems to wait for the threshold to be hit before posting. But also the last few days they seem distracted by something, so it could be that as well. If we see some cool accomplishment pop-out in a week or so, it could have been that too.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No need to expect anymore. 60,050 as of 10/04/2016

Reservations_10-4-2016.png

50.8/day since 9/28

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there a breakdown on how many reservations are in each category?
Not directly. EM has said that the majority of reservations (perhaps a large majority, I forget the exact wording) are all in, or non-refundable.

EM has not posted any breakdown of specific deposit amounts. However, you only get an SIL number if you are at the $1k all-in level. And we have 60k reservations, and the SILs are up to just over 20k. So at this point, approximately 1/3rd of all reservations are $1,000 non-refundable.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When did they announce that? Had to be recently. Last year it was the P5, this year the E1C unibody.
Just got my invite to the L.A. Auto Show, so I think I will make the time to visit La-La land. I'm bringing my tape measure, camera, and magnet to make a lot of observations. Let me know if there's anything particular you want a pic or measurement of or any special questions you want me to pose.

Top Bottom