• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to look mine up
That's not a $1K All-In SIL (Spot in line) that's the transaction number for some lower amount; any where from $100 to $500 All In or $100 to $1,000 Want In. Basically, you have a place in line somewhere down the list.
Now if it was 19,125 you'd have that SIL

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 65,000 number has no real meaning. It does not mean ELIO gets a loan. It is a number ELIO picked thinking it might improve their chance. Just as the letter agreeing to purchase many of us signed. The hope was that it would show ELIO had a good chance of selling the ELIO. It had then nor does it now hold any real power. The letter we signed was an agreement to purchase . What we signed when we put the $1000 up was not an agreement to purchase. It was only a spot in line. The agreement we signed does not mean we are anymore likely to get an ELIO. It just means if they do make one we are committed to buying it. There is as of now no hard date as to when the first ELIO will roll out. It will not be 2017.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The 65,000 number has no real meaning. It does not mean ELIO gets a loan. It is a number ELIO picked thinking it might improve their chance. Just as the letter agreeing to purchase many of us signed. The hope was that it would show ELIO had a good chance of selling the ELIO. It had then nor does it now hold any real power. The letter we signed was an agreement to purchase . What we signed when we put the $1000 up was not an agreement to purchase. It was only a spot in line. The agreement we signed does not mean we are anymore likely to get an ELIO. It just means if they do make one we are committed to buying it. There is as of now no hard date as to when the first ELIO will roll out. It will not be 2017.
And just how do you know this? Or are you speculating?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like a conditional contract to me. IF the Elio is produced, THEN those that signed the "Commitment to Purchase" receive a $7000 base price and agree to complete the purchase. That option MAY end at 65,000 total reservations. It is no more and no less between us and Elio. But it IS SOMETHING!

What it means to third parties is something else entirely.

Last edited:

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read both . I know what agreed to the first time and I fully understood what I signed in the "Commitment to Purchase".
I did so willingly. Of course I will buy it if they make it. Along with two more if they can be had. At no time did ELIO ever give me a date when this will happen. You have to know this was so ELIO could walk in and show they have this many presold. The $1000 all in was not an agreement to purchase. It was a chance to and a place in line nothing more. At no time has ELIO ever guaranteed us delivery. I accept that.
I read everything I can about ELIO. I want to see it built and on the market. But no where is there any creditable date that the ELIO will roll out the door to the public.
I will fight for ELIO. I have supported them with my cash and a "Commitment to Purchase". I will also not kid myself on where it all stands.
ELIO #0819 has a home , it just does not have a spot in the garage anymore.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped:
ELIO #0819 has a home , it just does not have a spot in the garage anymore.

The 'Optional Car Cover' will
come in handy.....

upload_2017-3-4_16-3-24.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom