• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Retail And Marshalling Centers

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And..... has reminded the virtue of being Patient.

Unfortunately these last couple of Generations have forgotten that there is nothing wrong with being Patient and that not everything that is worthwhile needs to be gotten here and now.

Patiently waiting for the Elio to be made available to Canadians
I've been patiently waiting since 2007-08.........8 years. I am curious how long you have been waiting and what you consider a realistic amount of time to remain patient until you begin to question the progress? Currently I am in the it will happen if it happens stage of patience.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You might want to try laying the ground work by communicating with your elected representatives. That way when Elio is ready, there may be some awareness of this vehicle rather than having to start from ground zero and educate people.
Yep already started.

I sent info and a link to my Member of Parliament, Brian Pallister and one to our Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau who likes to have photos taken. I think he would look great beside an Elio.

Just hope for some sort of reply now....... have no choice but to wait.

Oh did I mention that I was very, very Patient?:rolleyes:

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been patiently waiting since 2007-08.........8 years. I am curious how long you have been waiting and what you consider a realistic amount of time to remain patient until you begin to question the progress? Currently I am in the it will happen if it happens stage of patience.
I actually signed up at eliomotors.com in Jan 2016 when I first heard of the Elio. So I guess I have been patiently waiting for a whole 6 Months. I realize that my wait is much shorter compared to many of you. Hang in there cause I believe the light at the end of the tunnel is in fact getting brighter and closer.

It was not till July 1, 2016 that I learned of elioowners.com and joined.

Realizing that it may be a few years before we Canadians may be seeing the Elio on our streets I decided to get some Stock in Elio Motors and convinced a few of my friends to do the same so that Paul Elio and the Elio Team can have some money to get these done a bit sooner.

Over all I love the Concept of the Elio and what it can mean to North American Motorists and our Enviroment and last but not least, our Pockets.

Just today I joined All In for 1K. Just waiting for confirmation and a Reservation #. I had to ask a few friends to ask their relatives if I could use a United States address cause that is the only way we Canadians can Reserve at the Moment.

I contacted Elio Motors and asked that they consider allowing Canadians to Reserve with a Canadian Address cause the Elio will eventually make it's way to Canada.

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I talked to Paul Elio at the Culver City invitation event (when they kicked off crowd funding), Paul Elio said the first marshaling center would be at the Shreveport plant with all early vehicles passing through it. Personnel from the other marshaling centers would be present, participating, and learning what the optimal operation of marshaling centers should be. These personnel would then return to their respective marshaling centers and start their operation.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep already started.

I sent info and a link to my Member of Parliament, Brian Pallister and one to our Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau who likes to have photos taken. I think he would look great beside an Elio.

Just hope for some sort of reply now....... have no choice but to wait.

Oh did I mention that I was very, very Patient?:rolleyes:

Heck, he'd look great IN an Elio :D

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Heck, he'd look great IN an Elio :D

Like Paul does?

Heres_Paul.jpg

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I talked to Paul Elio at the Culver City invitation event (when they kicked off crowd funding), Paul Elio said the first marshaling center would be at the Shreveport plant with all early vehicles passing through it. Personnel from the other marshaling centers would be present, participating, and learning what the optimal operation of marshaling centers should be. These personnel would then return to their respective marshaling centers and start their operation.
Sounds like a well thought out plan.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a guess, but the first marshaling center will probably be in Shreveport at the factory.
That will let them test how that concept works.
And since they will have adequate lead time with the reservationists they won't have to fight the 24 hr window.
The first marshaling center WILL be at Shreveport. Elio plans on running all the reservationist's cars through it. It'll let them get the Elio marshaling center process down pat. Plus, if they need to add people to keep up with the line, they can do that easily enough. Once their marshaling process is down, they'll start shipping to other marshaling centers which will be set up by then.

Top Bottom