• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Retail And Marshalling Centers

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The first marshaling center WILL be at Shreveport. Elio plans on running all the reservationist's cars through it. It'll let them get the Elio marshaling center process down pat. Plus, if they need to add people to keep up with the line, they can do that easily enough. Once their marshaling process is down, they'll start shipping to other marshaling centers which will be set up by then.
That's really close to what I read in one of the newsletters; yes, it will be at the factory and all of the managers for the other marshalling centers will work there along with the people that run the factory location so they can train "hands-on".
Once they get over the initial flood; they'll go to their centers and set them up the proper way.

My thought:
They will probably have some kind plan system so that all of the marshalling centers will all be the same. This way too, in the places they will be setting up close by (same town or area) they can train people the right way before they turn them loose.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I actually signed up at eliomotors.com in Jan 2016 when I first heard of the Elio. So I guess I have been patiently waiting for a whole 6 Months. I realize that my wait is much shorter compared to many of you. Hang in there cause I believe the light at the end of the tunnel is in fact getting brighter and closer.

It was not till July 1, 2016 that I learned of elioowners.com and joined.

Realizing that it may be a few years before we Canadians may be seeing the Elio on our streets I decided to get some Stock in Elio Motors and convinced a few of my friends to do the same so that Paul Elio and the Elio Team can have some money to get these done a bit sooner.

Over all I love the Concept of the Elio and what it can mean to North American Motorists and our Enviroment and last but not least, our Pockets.

Just today I joined All In for 1K. Just waiting for confirmation and a Reservation #. I had to ask a few friends to ask their relatives if I could use a United States address cause that is the only way we Canadians can Reserve at the Moment.

I contacted Elio Motors and asked that they consider allowing Canadians to Reserve with a Canadian Address cause the Elio will eventually make it's way to Canada.
Congratulations on going all-in. Many of know the thrill of getting our "number"

McBrew

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it just old rumor, or is it true that EM was saying that reservation holders would either need to pick up at the factory or arrange shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a guess, but the first marshaling center will probably be in Shreveport at the factory.
That will let them test how that concept works.
And since they will have adequate lead time with the reservationists they won't have to fight the 24 hr window.
They've said that all along, that there would be a marshaling center adjacent to the plant (or maybe inside one of the other buildings)

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Shreveport marshaling center could also become a backup center for the other marshaling centers in the US. If one marshaling center experiences a one time surge in orders (more than it can keep up with), the Shreveport center could process the orders and ship the finished vehicles to the overloaded center. EM would have to keep close monitoring of daily orders and inform later customers in the day, their orders could not be filled in 24 hours.

All marshaling centers could become backups to other marshaling centers in this way.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Would like to think they'll be ready when car production begins. Possible?

Hope we got your question answered Chief.

There will be "A" marshalling center up and going when production begins, but the plan is it will be at the plant in Shreveport. As to when other centers would be up and going, who knows.

I believe the number was around 7 of the centers around the country.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Shreveport marshaling center could also become a backup center for the other marshaling centers in the US. If one marshaling center experiences a one time surge in orders (more than it can keep up with), the Shreveport center could process the orders and ship the finished vehicles to the overloaded center. EM would have to keep close monitoring of daily orders and inform later customers in the day, their orders could not be filled in 24 hours.

All marshaling centers could become backups to other marshaling centers in this way.
Good catch. I didn't even think about that. Elio wouldn't see any additional shipping charges from Shreveport marshaling center but would if they had to ship from the other ones. Neat concept.

Top Bottom